Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Rc car won't move nor turn!!! Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Rc car won't move nor turn!!! Help!!

After a long time of not using my 1/10 Carisma Touring RC Car, it has recently stopped working. There is no sound or any sign of life. I believe water has damaged some electric part as the last time I drove it was in the wet, recklessly. The question is, what part do I need to replace? Motor, ESC, Reciever? etc.
Please help!!!

Car model: Carisma M40S.

Also the servo is new and upgraded and has no problems. Help!
Old 05-23-2020, 10:22 AM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Probably going to be the receiver or speed control. Simplest way to find out is change each out one at a time. If you don't have any spares and don't know anybody that might have a spare, a hobby shop would probably be your best bet.
Old 05-23-2020, 01:27 PM

Post Some more Help!

Thanks for your help. So let's say I am going to change the receiver, what am I supposed to purchase? My Transmitter works perfectly. Do I have to change the Transmitter as well? And if yes then can you show me an example of such?
Thanks.

Old 05-23-2020, 08:26 PM

I don't know what receiver or speed controller you have. Look around in here and see if you see yours. A lot of their stuff is out of stock because of the shutdown. Other shops might have parts as well. I just googled the car and all kinds of stuff popped up. If you have a good local hobby shop they could probably tell you what you need to buy instead of buying everything one at a time.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/carisma/b2650
Old 05-24-2020, 03:37 AM

Thanks, but the receiver is out of stock everywhere. But also I do not wish to have this receiver equipped on my car anymore as it is not waterproof.
How can I change the receiver without changing the transmitter?
Or if this is not possible then is it possible if I could just purchase a Flysky FS-GT2? (orange transmitter).
That transmitter on eBay comes with a receiver. Is it not possible to just install that and run it?
Old 05-24-2020, 10:47 AM

You can buy a new receiver like you already have and link it to your transmitter when they come back in stock. You can get a flysky and put in the car. Either will work as long as the receiver is the problem. If it's a speed control problem you still have your problem and have spent 50 bucks. Do you have a receiver battery pack? If you do you can plug it into the receiver where the speed control goes. If the steering works with a battery plugged in you have a bad speed control. You may have to wait till this virus scare is over to get any parts. Good luck
Old 05-24-2020, 08:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Persian Empire
Thanks, but the receiver is out of stock everywhere. But also I do not wish to have this receiver equipped on my car anymore as it is not waterproof.
How can I change the receiver without changing the transmitter?
Or if this is not possible then is it possible if I could just purchase a Flysky FS-GT2? (orange transmitter).
That transmitter on eBay comes with a receiver. Is it not possible to just install that and run it?
Unless you're really in love with the FlySky GT2, you may want to consider the Dumbo RC X6. I don't have one, but have done some extensive research. Everyone says it has excellent range and it's only $36 or so shipped. If you're willing to spend another $6 or so, they have versions that include a receive with a built-in gyro which is pretty cool.

But you can change the receiver w/o changing the transmitter. They come as a set. As long as the replacement one is also of the same brand, you're good to go.
Old 05-25-2020, 04:31 AM

Wow thanks man. That was enough information to satisfy me on this problem. I sure will check it out. Also nice channel, you have the confidence which others don't in your videos. Keep it up!

ps. I have my own channel with 3.6K subs and 3 Million Views.