Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Advice needed for father and son entering hobby.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Advice needed for father and son entering hobby.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 11:04 PM
PeterTGomez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed for father and son entering hobby.

Hi all, I am Peter Gomez and my son David and I are looking for a car to get into the hobby with. Our budget is not a lot but I just came across this video and the car looks brilliant for the price. Sorry not allowed to post URL so here is the youtube vid AqUW0baNFBc Sorry and oops.

So I was wondering if any of you had any experience with it and if anything breaks easily? I know as a hobby that things will break , but I do not want to buy a car that is broken after the first day. First 2 days is fine!

Will be running mostly on tarmac but with a little gravel on occasions. Thank you so much in advance and have a great day. Stay safe.
Old 08-13-2020, 12:42 PM
teamwills23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey buddy, i am Mr wills
Old 08-16-2020, 04:57 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by PeterTGomez
Hi all, I am Peter Gomez and my son David and I are looking for a car to get into the hobby with. Our budget is not a lot but I just came across this video and the car looks brilliant for the price. Sorry not allowed to post URL so here is the youtube vid AqUW0baNFBc Sorry and oops.

So I was wondering if any of you had any experience with it and if anything breaks easily? I know as a hobby that things will break , but I do not want to buy a car that is broken after the first day. First 2 days is fine!

Will be running mostly on tarmac but with a little gravel on occasions. Thank you so much in advance and have a great day. Stay safe.
The RC, in the video you mentioned, is the WLtoys 144001. Somewhere along the lines of manufacturing/RC family tree relationships, LC Racing, and Tacon have had that same RC chassis. LC Racing EMB and the Tacon Soar platforms look very identical to the WLtoys 1/14 scale buggy. If parts support for the buggy are looking good (I'll let you do the research) then I would say the buggy is a good choice. LC Racing/Tacon had pretty good reviews from what I remember. LC Racing EMB 1/14 4WD (aka Tacon Soar) Buggy Thread, also ...
Old 08-16-2020, 08:32 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I just found this thread for you to check out... Wltoys 144001 1/14 4WD Buggy - LC Racing EMB clone?
Old 08-28-2020, 06:17 AM
mayathegreat

I have experienced this before
Old 09-15-2020, 12:00 PM
Spechal

You should look into the entry-level brushed Traxxas models. Once you decide they are too slow, you can upgrade to the VXL ECS and Motor on a Power-Up Program and trade them in. They wont break they way you describe running them. Maybe the Traxxas Bandit?