Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

We Are considering building a new track in Tyler TX

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

We Are considering building a new track in Tyler TX

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 05:37 AM
willie14228

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default We Are considering building a new track in Tyler TX

Hello my name is Willie,
I know that I am new to the forum, But this is a legit deal and I really do need some help in knowing just what folks in this area are looking for in a race track and R/C challenge running course
A little about what we have already
We have an arena with bleachers that can seat about 80 people that is made up of sandy soil it is large enough to stage short track racing, Stadium truck racing and freestyle stunt racing,
We have an area that can host Rock Climbers with natural timber trails and some darn narley rock climbing due to the fact that this is a retired gravestone manufacture facility this means we can get totally evil when it comes to creating some challenging trails
We have 7 acres of land that can be set up to host long track racing
We have concession building with food service
This is outside of the city limits so Gas and Nitro will not be an issue
This is just the downstairs area
above this is another 1 acre that has a storefront building that we are considering renting out different trucks and cars if you do not have your own
There is another gathering area with an stage for live music and entertainment
This property is not leased it all belongs to us so it will not be a here today gone tomorrow thing
Again this is located just north of Tyler TX on Hwy 271 and is an outdoor event setup so COVID will not be as big of an issue
As per forum rules I will not post any pics unless a Mod says it is okay to do so, But I need some help from you folks
Let me know if your in the area and would be interested in this and spread the word
What we really want to do is create an RC racing park with more than one racing discipline being available this place has some HUGE potential and we have the equipment to make it happen
Again sorry for popping in on my first thread with this but we do want to start getting the ball rolling and start planning out the tracks and courses and start getting them cut out
If you live in the area shoot me a pm or email lets talk, post in thread let others know ... lets get a big track up and going that will be a lot of fun
The following users liked this post:
RustyUs (12-01-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 07:31 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Hi Willie, welcome to RCU and the hobby!

I live in Austin,TX with the closest track to me that I regularly race at is Thornhill, more info here:
https://www.thornhillrc.com/

Before you begin any construction on your track, I would encourage you to visit Thornhill and talk to the track owner down here first. I'm sure he will be happy to share some of the ins and outs of what mistakes to avoid.

You can gauge what the more popular classes are here based on recent turnout to help give you an idea of what you might want to consider hosting:
https://trc.liverc.com/events/

I'll be happy to help answer any questions you may have from a racers perspective.

Best of luck!