Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

FPV RC car with low latency streaming, video recording?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

FPV RC car with low latency streaming, video recording?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 09:55 PM
owenstanley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FPV RC car with low latency streaming, video recording?

I'm looking for something quite specific and wondering if anyone has any ideas. I've recently started getting into RC cars and I'm having an absolute blast. I think it'd be really cool to move the point of view from 3rd person, watching and controlling the car from the outside, to a first person view of whatever the car is seeing. Basically having a camera mounted on the RC car and then viewing the point of view of the car via this camera. I'd also like to be able to record first person race footage from the camera to MP4 files for subsequent use.

I know that there are some solutions out there such as DJI racing goggles, but these are way too expensive for me. I picked up a RC car with FPV camera mounted for around $80 on Amazon but when I received it and actually tested it out, the FPV video was so laggy that it was essentially impossible to drive the car without crashing into every obstacle (think at least 1 second of lag). The car was basically a sub-standard RC car (didn't even have proportional steering) with what looked to be a regular webcam haphazardly mounted on the top; it was a really poorly executed hack job. So I'm looking for a mid-priced solution that can do FPV streaming from an RC car, with low latency and video recording functionality. Is anything like this out there?
Old 02-21-2021, 06:09 PM
Up Grade RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fpv possible for cheap

Find a cheap drone that users fpv through your phone. I found a good one for $40. take it apart disconnect all motors and mount the electronics and camera inside or on top of the vehicle where you want it. Make sure you can still use the included battery or you may have to buy the proper parts to power it with the RC vehicles battery. Once attached connect the fpv to your phone then you can power up the vehicle and drive 1st person. I use a $5 VR headset that my phone sits in.
total cost $50