Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

ZD Racing DBX10 advice please

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 05:03 AM
petermccullough

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZD Racing DBX10 advice please

Hi all. I am looking for a bit of advice if anyone can offer any.

I have not had RC stuff for a while now but my son was dying for a buggy so I just bought him a DBX10 from ZD Racing for his birthday.

I have heard that it's always good practice to strip down (to some extent anyway) and check it all over, plus add grease in the diff and oil in the shocks.

I have no clue what types of grease or oils to use for this. Can anyone recommend it please?

Grateful for any other comments/thoughts on what I should do to prepare the truck for him and try to avoid any breakages due to manufacturing errors!
thanks
Old 01-19-2022, 03:48 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Since the manual probably does not give any instruction, I'd use something like Lucas Oil Red N Tacky, Maxima Waterproof Grease, or Green Grease to lightly coat the diff crown/pinion gears. For diff fluid, 10k ~ 5k should be a good starting point. Possibly some YouTuber, or online reviewer has done the work and found what works best. I'd just make sure the diffs are filled for "test flight". After that, I'd start experimenting with something like 7k in the front, and 5k fluid in the rear. Set the slipper clutch to your liking. For the shock oil, 35wt/425cst would be a safe place to start front and rear. After seeing how the buggy flies, adjust the shock oil to your liking.

Last edited by RustyUs; 01-19-2022 at 03:56 AM.