Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

To Sell Or Not To Sell...

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2023, 07:17 PM
WOH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default To Sell Or Not To Sell...

Been collecting for awhile. Anyone ever thought of selling it all?

Still in the process of moving. This is in a room in my basement. I tend to like RC everything, transformers, Voltron, cool stuff!!! I still have more.

The following users liked this post:
RustyUs (05-30-2023)
Old 05-29-2023, 12:25 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

damn, your collection looks like a hobby shop!

iv thought about selling a few things i don't use anymore, but then i start thinking about it and end up using them and then don't want to sell it anymore.

Last edited by suburban_hooligan; 05-29-2023 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-29-2023, 12:58 PM
WOH

That is exactly what happens with me. I often think, this stuff is cool, but when will I ever play with it all.
Old 05-30-2023, 09:21 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Holy crap. Your own little hobby shop is right!
Are those surface RCs in unopened sealed boxes?

Last edited by RustyUs; 05-30-2023 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-30-2023, 11:33 AM
WOH

Most of the surface RCs are NIB. Some have wrap, some do not. These are probably better pics. I don't know how familiar you are with buggies from the 80s, but on the end are:

NIB original RC10
NIB rere RC10
NIB Hirobo Jealousy (only 300 kits made worldwide)

The Bruiser and Mountain Rider are rere kits.

Old 06-11-2023, 04:38 AM
T-StudioWorks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to think really hard what I didn’t need & then sold it. It didn’t hurt & I don’t regret it. All this was a reality check to myself that I’m not a hoarder. All this to clear some space for what I really wanted to get next & keep. Try it?
Old 07-21-2023, 10:59 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been in an out of various hobbies during my life and I have stopped. sold everything and walked away more than once. About 15 yrs. ago I looked at my Hot Wheels collection and decided that it wasn't doing anything for me. After putting it up for sale and having two companies wanting to host auctions and two private parties flake out on me, a local hobby shop owner got wind of the sale and bought all 5400 cars, tracks, etc.

I did the same thing about 5 yrs ago with my train collection. I had been collecting Lionel trains from the 50's and 60's but decided they were taking up too much space and I knew I'd neve build the layout I wanted so once again, it had to go. Took a while to get everything sold off but it was worth it.

I regularly sell RC cars but I have yet to do a large sell off but it's coming some day.
Old 10-29-2023, 11:42 AM
kilo2018

holy crap, and I thought I had a problem. I wouldn't sell all. Pick through, find your favorite and liquidate the rest.