Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New equipment advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2023, 07:37 AM
gtuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New equipment advice

Hi All,

After a 20yr break, I'm looking to get a Tamiya Lunchbox to have a bit of fun with the kids in the garden which hopefully will help to assess when they may be ready to try something more competitive.
Back when I was a kid I had a Tamiya Bigwig which I have fond memories of, then when in my 20's I was racing 1/10th Electric touring cars for a couple of years. It's a shame the Bigwig doesn't currently seem to be available but think the Lunchbox could be a good/sturdy starter.

It's been a while and looking at an entry level spec, Have viewed a few threads and some links/equipment are not valid.
Would someone be able to let me know if the following items look sound or should I consider something else. I currently don't have a preference as to retailer (but needs to be UK based), so if there are any shout outs for a good company that won't go amiss.

Current items are from Model sport, but was going to shop around to see what there is.
Lunchbox
ESC - Hobbywing QUICRUN 1060
Transmitter - Absima 2.4GHz
Receiver - Absima CR4S
Servo - Power HD 1812MG
Charger & Battery - Model sport 3000mah

Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 12-17-2023, 09:50 PM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Looks like that would work together. Being brushed it wouldn't be real fast but real fast isn't what you're looking for so should be ok. Too much power might blow up the gearbox anyway. good luck.