Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Why does RCU NOT have an RC Construction Equipment Category?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Why does RCU NOT have an RC Construction Equipment Category?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2024, 11:11 AM
cranemodel1015

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Why does RCU NOT have an RC Construction Equipment Category?

I am a newbie to RCU, however, while I have over 50 years of experience in flying RC aircraft, my recent RC passion has been building RC construction equipment, however I do not see that category anywhere on the RCU site. I have a YT channel @cranemodelbuild3236 with a playlist of 8 videos on my scratch built RC models, but can’t seem to “plug in” to a directly compatible category. Just curious if anyone else out there in RCU land has a similar interest?
Old 01-19-2024, 08:37 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

this whole forum doesn't get a whole lot of use anymore and construction equipment is a small niche market. just look at the amount of use the drifting, rock crawling, and drag racing category's get.
Old 01-20-2024, 01:35 PM
cranemodel1015

Thanks for your input suburban_hooligan. If, as you say, this site only applies to the most popular domestic RC niches then perhaps it would be better named RCAmerica. My only point is that rc construction is big in Europe for example, and currently there is no category in rcuniverse to accommodate those interests.
Anyway, have a GREAT DAY🎈
Old 01-20-2024, 01:51 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

1 reply in 10 days.

You're welcome to start a thread but this doesn't indicate enough traffic for a dedicated forum
Old 01-20-2024, 02:36 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by cranemodel1015
Thanks for your input suburban_hooligan. If, as you say, this site only applies to the most popular domestic RC niches then perhaps it would be better named RCAmerica. My only point is that rc construction is big in Europe for example, and currently there is no category in rcuniverse to accommodate those interests.
Anyway, have a GREAT DAY🎈
i know its a bigger segment in Europe, but in the grand scheme of things its still a niche market. that said, iv been using RC forums for over 25 years and iv never seen a construction equipment category on any of the probably 20 forums iv used. and today forums are pretty much dead, replaced by social media. just look at the usage this place gets to see what i mean. we have category's that haven't seen legitimate use in years and some that only get a few posts a year. there's just no point in having a category when the forum as a whole has no active users. the disparaging truth is that this forum barely gets enough traffic to need the general discussions and off topic category's. and i haven't even seen an administrator or moderator on here in years. there was a time a few years ago when this place was getting more spam posts than legit user posts. iv been operating under the assumption that the only reason the lights are still on here is because of RC aviation and to a lesser extent boating. both segments are made up of older users that prefer forums to social media.
the only answer to your inquisition is you can make a thread and then go out and try to lure people to it by linking it in various places (social media for example), then if it gets big enough contact an administrator and ask for a category. but i can tell you from experience it won't work, you won't get enough users. people just don't want to use forums anymore. it may sound harsh, but unfortunately it's reality.
Old 01-20-2024, 03:17 PM
cranemodel1015

Thanks again for your sincere and well thoughtout reply! And yes, I am in fact a 76 year old rc flyer 🧑‍🦲