Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

ESC not powering motor

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2024, 05:09 AM
lowenstein

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ESC not powering motor

Hello,

I am looking for some help with some new setup.
I have a DX5C Smart 5-Channel DSMR Transmitter with SR6100AT Receiver. I bought the Dynamite WP AE-5L Brushed ESC LED Port Light w/IC3.
When I hook up the ESC to the receiver, and power with battery, I am able to bind the receiver to the transmitter. The servos function, however there is no power to the motor. The ESC has a continuous flashing red light too!!!

How do I initialize the ESC so that power goes to the motor? The motor does work - I connected it directly to the battery to see if there is life - and there is.

Thanks so much in advance for any help with this!!
Bradley
Old 01-24-2024, 06:02 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Make sure your throttle trim is set to zero/centered or it won't calibrate. Also verify the jumpers are set for respective LiPo/NiMh battery you're using, more info here:

Old 01-24-2024, 07:35 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

also make sure the ESC is plugged into the correct slot on the receiver. ESC goes into slot 2. steering servo goes into slot 1. may also want to double check that the ESC plug is plugged into the receiver the correct way and not upside down.
Old 01-25-2024, 07:01 AM
lowenstein

Thanks for the response @bill_delong

@suburban_hooligan, I have a servo that is inserted into the throttle and the ESC is inserted into a different slot. Does this make a difference, and is this my issue? The servo moves a gearbox with three gears. You seem to be onto something here!!!
Old 01-25-2024, 07:45 AM
lowenstein

Follow up - I plugged the esc into slot 2 as above, and now the motor works!!!
However I have this in a semi truck that has a throttle servo which moves the gearbox. Given this scenario, how do I get the gearbox and motor to move?
The following users liked this post:
bill_delong (01-25-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 09:49 AM
lowenstein

I figured it out!!!
Based on a youtube video I watched, and the responses from above, the esc goes into the throttle. The gearbox servo connects to an AUX port and is setup on a switch that has 3 travel settings!!!
I am so excited to get this thing running now!!!
Old 01-25-2024, 05:39 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

good to hear