Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Quick Question Nitro Engine Part

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2024, 11:17 AM
CristianB27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Question Nitro Engine Part

I have a Force .28 Nitro Engine. It came with my OFNA Ultra LX 2. I wanted to buy a new Piston Sleeve, and Piston head to replace. Does any .28 piston sleeve fit any .28 nitro engine? I can't seem to find an the exact OEM part. I keep running into the Dynamite .28 sleeve and piston, which looks very similar to the force .28.
Old 02-02-2024, 08:15 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

The Force .28 is made by a different manufacturer. In a nutshell, no, you can’t put just any old .28 P/L into your engine. The Force engines are not that great, and hardly worth rebuilding. I would suggest, at the least, to replace the Force with a Big Red. SH Engines makes the Dynamite engines, and parts are still available AFAIK. These are bottom of the barrel engines with relatively low life expectancies. I’d suggest finding a Novarossi .25 or .28 depending on what starting system you have. A Roma .25 would be a great match; a 28-7T or 28-8 would be great choices as well, but are incredibly potent mills. Much better quality with a much better life expectancy, and easier to tune.
Old 03-10-2024, 04:13 AM
dleesomerset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Each brand and model can have slight differences in dimensions and design that might affect performance or even prevent the part from fitting properly. It's great that the Dynamite .28 parts look similar, but I'd recommend doing a bit more digging to ensure compatibility.