Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Question about fuel.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about fuel.

Hey I have a losi xxx-nt coming in the mail. I here it goes 40+. Well I got some fuel at my LHS, and he said not to use it for backyard bashing, it is 20% trinity high preformance reacing blend. Is this good fuel to use, it was cheap thats why I got it... like 27 bucks for the gallon.... Anyway I dont really "backyard" bash, but we typically go to the mall parking lot and race around, take small jumps and stuff.... is this ok to use?

Also, I am getting a t3 electric in a trade, with 5 battery packs and a 15 min chrger and a 30 min charger.... how fast do these go? I belive it is the factory team, 14 turn motor... I really want to trade it for another nitro car so if anyone want to trade, let me know. I want maybe a used MT or 1/8 buggy, I can add some cash....

Also, one last question, I am getting that nice radio with the losi, you know the one that comes with the digital screen... Can I use that on the electric too? It is 2 channel....

If anyone wants to trade a nitro for my electric t3 let me know.
[email protected]
Mcot222 on aim.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:00 PM

Default RE: Question about fuel.

Dont worry abt waht they said on the fuel. I use 25& race blend for racing and bashing. Dont matter. Just race blend just means there is less oil. You do not want to switch back and forth between fuels. You want to run what you will run forever in the truck.
Old 11-04-2003, 05:44 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$27 is cheap... geez, I would hate to be racing there. Cheap for me is $18.
Old 11-04-2003, 05:46 PM

I pay 25 pounds (42.50 in american dollars) here for 1 gallon and sometimes I pay 30 pounds (51 in american dollars). So you want to complain about fuel costs????
Old 11-04-2003, 05:49 PM

wow, study, are u serious???? man, i knew regular gas was expensive in the UK, but not rc fuel. man! i pay about 18-22USD for fuel here.
Old 11-04-2003, 05:53 PM

I am from the US and get paid in american dollars. I know how cheap it is in the US. The exchange rate changes daily. Right now it is 1.7 US dollars to 1 english pound. That is why I do all the shopping I can on the internet. Get everything shipped in is A LOT cheaper than going down to the LHS anyday.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:00 PM
My Feedback: (5)

just make sure your grass is cut short and you got some good tires. if its really tall your motor will get mucho hot.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:15 PM

15 dollars juss for a quart
Old 11-04-2003, 10:19 PM

Yes, your radio will work !

If you trade that T3, trade it for a 1/8 buggy. I think they're a lot more fun (faster but won't do the rock climbing of a MT). They also seem to stand up better on the race track (off-road) so I think they'll stand up better running in the school yard.

Actually, I wish I had something to trade. I think an electric would be great for rockin round the neighborhood. No noise, no smell, the neighbors probably won't even know I was there.