Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

do i need to join an organization

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do i need to join an organization

i know in planes we have the AMA for insurance. is there anything like that for cars? thanks..spooner
Old 11-19-2003, 10:28 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: do i need to join an organization

Not to my knowlegde. If you race at a track, sometimes you have to sign a waiver or sommat. But still, with your r/c car or truck, you aren’t in danger of slamming into some guys roof or windshield.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:01 AM

spooner - the above post is incorrect.

The governing body and club for RC Cars in the USA is called ROAR. You can visit their website at www.roarracing.com

Most state and regional level races will require you to be a member, in order to race - alot of tracks will also require membership before they let you race there. Some will allow waivers to be signed, but usually charge a premium.

ROAR membership costs 40.00 per year and offers amany perks including the liability insurance you mentioned.

ORIGINAL: Billyman
But still, with your r/c car or truck, you aren’t in danger of slamming into some guys roof or windshield.
I have personally seen over 20 cars in my racing lifetime go over corner dots and into crowds, auto winshields, and storefronts.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:13 AM
My Feedback: (158)

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

I thought that the AMA extended coverage to all models, Planes, Car and Boats
I thought I had read that when the guys at the lake wouldn't let me run my boat unless I joined APBA or NAMBA,
Look though your AMA info you may me covered for cars just like the Planes

Although individual clubs and locations may require specific insurance to Race and practice.
Old 11-20-2003, 12:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of the local tracks were requiring club association membership as well as either ROAR or QSAC. However, it is my understanding that some of the tracks later dropped association membership. To my knowledge Danseys' Eastside Track has only required a ROAR membership which from my understanding is required to run in ROAR sanctioned events. Give them a jingle. They are open from 10am to 9pm almost everyday. The new track you wrote about may be different so I would ask them as well. BTW, I haven't checked into that monster truck or heard anything about it lately other than my prior response--I'm still putting together my new F201 and just got a response back also about setting up a 1/5 scale race in Boulder City next year.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:11 PM

At my local track you have to join ROAR.

I am not really happy about it, but I guess it covers the owners.

I would just rather sign a waiver, it is much easier and it doesn't cost money.

The only reason why you have to join is because of the god damn sue happy people that try to sue everybody for everything!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2003, 04:10 PM
My Feedback: (13)

my track too they want you to be a member of roar and to them which is a total of 100bux a year