Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

SUPER CHARGER OR TURBOCHARGER??????

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 12:32 AM
Codeblack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SUPER CHARGER OR TURBOCHARGER??????

oohh my lord. are we back to this again??..!?..
Old 10-20-2009, 03:08 AM
howlinwolph

I know this thread has been dead for awhile, I just have one question. On the down stroke of a Nitro engine what opens first exhaust or intake port. Excuse my ignorance but I am just getting started in Nitro vehicles.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:10 AM
iexion

ORIGINAL: howlinwolph

I know this thread has been dead for awhile, I just have one question. On the down stroke of a Nitro engine what opens first exhaust or intake port. Excuse my ignorance but I am just getting started in Nitro vehicles.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_90...tm.htm#9118641
Old 10-20-2009, 05:28 PM
SAVAGEJIM

The highest port always opens first. Consequently, the port that has the highest port roof is also the port that has the longest sleeve duration.

In virtually every single valveless sleeve port 2stroke engine, the exhuast port is the first to open and therefore also the last to close.

And this is why the pressure boost from a supercharger on our valveless 2stroke engines fail.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:02 AM
iexion

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

The highest port always opens first. Consequently, the port that has the highest port roof is also the port that has the longest sleeve duration.

In virtually every single valveless sleeve port 2stroke engine, the exhuast port is the first to open and therefore also the last to close.

And this is why the pressure boost from a supercharger on our valveless 2stroke engines fail.
ABSOLUTELY 100% PERFECTLY CORRECT
Old 10-26-2009, 07:16 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was reading through some of the earlier posts in this thread and I concur that a 2 stroke can only be naturally aspirated. I believe if someone really wanted to try out this super or turbo charger theory they should modify a 4 stroke O.S. airplane engine to fit in their car and turbo or supercharge that. I don't believe it's too much trouble since installing the turbo system sounds like more trouble than configuring a 4 stroker to fit inplace of the old engine. Actually, I would like to see someone do this and post a photo on this thread. I'm sure others would love to see a video of a functional turbo RC car in action. I only have electric vehicles so I'm out as a candidate. Anyone else?