Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Tower ST-15

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2002, 01:30 AM
dirtman-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tower ST-15

Hey, I just got an ST-15 nitro stampede truck from Tower Hobbies and just wanted to report that I'm real happy with it. I thought that I'd get an inexpensive one to start ( usually a boat guy ) to see if I liked it. Followed the break in procedure exactly and put a header and pipe on it. It kicks the crap out of my buddys expensive rig!! Now that I know I'll use a nitro machine, maybe I'll spend some more cash later, but for now this is all the fun I can handle!! ( I got into this truck for US $217.98 shipped to Canada! )
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	13727_2060.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	8925  
Old 06-17-2002, 02:59 AM
coro kid

Default Tower ST-15

DIRTMAN
IS IT THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK? I`M LOOKING FOR A FUN NITRO TRUCK.
THANKS
CORO KID
JUST KEEP IT FUN
Old 06-17-2002, 11:42 AM
dirtman-RCU

Default Tower ST-15

Yeah, I think it's a good truck. I used a little blue loc-tite on the head bolts and recoil starter and switched the rear tires to some Team Losi stepped pin dirt tires ( the stock tires are a little hard with no foam ). Other than that it's rock solid. I've put a gallon of 15% fuel thru it with no problem what-so-ever! If I'm full throttle and hit a stone, it'll pop the front end up for about 50 feet. Hope this helps. Dirtman.
Old 06-18-2002, 04:29 AM
Nitro_Or_Die

Default Tower ST-15

Cool I prefer monster trucks and If I got a stadium nitro I would get an Adam Drake Edition Team Losi XXXNT. But Thats because Losi is a well known and trusted name so is tower hobbies but I am more of a big brand guy myself but congrats on your first nitro truck.
Old 10-20-2002, 10:51 PM
LuLuboy

Default Tower ST-15

I have a nitro st-15 and I cant finsd a good pipe. tower hobbies said that they dont have one that fits it where did you get yours
Old 10-21-2002, 12:51 AM
dirtman-RCU

Default Tower ST-15

Try this link. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...m?Q=1&I=LXWZ92
I still like the truck. It's tough as nails, but I have run across a couple things. It likes to chew up spur gears and the chassis brace is kinda wimpy. ( where it attaches to the diff housing ). If and when you buy a losi or associated, you'll want to avoid some of the stuff you'd do with the st-15. Anyway, good luck with the pipe.