Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

HELP! A track DIES before it's even BORN!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

HELP! A track DIES before it's even BORN!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 05:42 PM
Savage_Dias

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! A track DIES before it's even BORN!

The owners of a 1:1 scale 1/8 mile dirt track were running TV commercials about an R/C track they were going to have this summer. I just found out on [link=http://www.wvsitedesign.com/bmsmb/index.php?showtopic=50&st=0&#entry240]their forum[/link] that it's not going to be built. If ANYONE even if you're a state or two away & think there MIGHT be a remote chance that you'd come to a ROAR legal track back me up on their site!

I've already posted these ideas. If you can add more GREAT. If you think mine are good agree with me!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

DO WHAT?? That's crazy! A track is a track. I HIGHLY doubt both of them would be the same. So what if it's crowded? THAT'S A GOOD THING! The more people there are the more stuff will need to be sold & YES they WILL pay to race or even practice! I know of people that spend $30-$40 a night to race 1/24 scale slot cars & if they win they only get gift certificates for the shop.

Imagine setting up a race schedule between the two tracks or maybe even a points race! I doubt people would pay to see the races but they would definitely use the concession stand. Plus you could promote the real races & continue to invite drivers & sponsors to meet the fans.

If you're worried about paying for workers, I'll let you in on a secret. There are people that give up their own time & money to lug around trailer full of PVC pipe & duct tape to set up a track in a parking lot! I'm sure somebody around here will start a club eventually. Let them volunteer to run it! I work 40+ hours a week but I'm sure I could find some time to help do something as long as it's not during one of my races.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:53 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: HELP! A track DIES before it's even BORN!

Business is business,
your only chance is to convince them they'll make Money!!
Stand alone rc tracks never makes any real money, if it doesn't have a shop next to it it will fail.
The track supports the shop and the shop supports the track.
Propery taxs, insurance, electricity, water all cost money

The only stand alone rc tracks that survive are in public parks, sad but true for the most part.
Old 03-18-2004, 04:54 PM
Savage_Dias

This isn't exactly stand alone. They have a 1/8 mile dirt track for full size cars & a bar that's open 6 days a week not to mention the Kart track unless that's been canceled too. I don't know if they ever planned on having a shop but our only local R/C shop will be at their driver & sponser meet & greet next month so I'm sure they could work something out.
Old 03-18-2004, 05:28 PM
Savage_Dias

The property, taxes, & all the other stuff is there. I'm sure they already pay some kind of insurance & adding R/Cs to that probably wouldn't cost much at all compared to everything else. It wouldn't suprise me if they even had equipment to build the track with since they maintain a 1/8 mile track already. This place probably has the fewest excuses of anywhere when it comes to building a track! Sad thing is, they only need one they believe in to keep the track from being built. I'm not going to give up on it. If I have to I'll go to the track myself & volunteer to do what I can. I know of 4 people that live close enough to easily go there on a regular basis so there's half a track crew & at least 1 R/C for each type of race class!!
Old 03-19-2004, 10:36 AM
scale only 4 me

Well,
I wouldn't hit them with the "I know of 4 people that live close enough to easily go there on a regular basis" argument

It takes about 50 guys, over all the classes, to show up to make a decent race out here.

Now if you can convince them you'll bring in 50-100 or more customers each week, you might get their attention. Think big

Good luck.
Old 03-19-2004, 04:57 PM
Savage_Dias

I was just saying that I'm not the only person around here into R/Cs. In the relatively small group of people I hang with, there are 4 of us that run on a regular basis plus two more & a father & son that are getting into R/Cs. I went to our LHS last Saturday & you'd think they were having a 75% off sale. The building isn't huge but you couldn't move upstairs or downstairs without bumping shoulders with people. It's rare that building an R/C track is mentioned so I'm having a hard time letting go of one that actually went as far as being advertised on TV. Especially when it's in such a killer location!!
Old 03-19-2004, 09:07 PM
crazyswede

They have a 1/8 mile dirt track for full size cars & a bar that's open 6 days a week not to mention the Kart track
2 track's and a bar[:-]!...........What the heck you only live once[8D]
Old 03-20-2004, 09:52 AM
scale only 4 me

See now that's the kinda thinking I like
You ought to get the Hobby shop owner to go with you
Maybe he could help you convince the owners that there are enough racers in the area to support a track

"Build it and they will come"
Old 03-20-2004, 10:34 AM
Smashed_Toad
Banned

Give me there number been there done that. Can give them real numbers that they can make it stand alone. I did with the largest R/C car track in the USA.

Well it has happened a US on road track has made its way into a PC game! KZ Speedway aka SV Speedway!

KZ Speedway aka SV Speedway is now ACTIVE in BIG SCALE RACING PC GAME!

If you have a copy make sure it is registered and download the update! The update has many new tracks and cars including F1 and KZ Speedway the speeds are fantastic.

http://www.bigscaleracing.com
Old 03-20-2004, 02:16 PM
scale only 4 me

Is that you Karlton?
Old 03-20-2004, 03:47 PM
Savage_Dias

Here's their contact info.

Beckley Motor Speedway
301 Race Track Road
Prosperity, WV 25909
Phone304) 252-1921
Fax: (304) 252-1922

Alan Floresca runs Xtreme Sports (LHS) (304) 255-2664

I'm going to try to talk to him sometime this week.