Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

great car to get?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 08:16 PM
DigiT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default great car to get?

Hey ladys and gents, Im a big truck rc guy and micro. Now its time to look into the touring and onroad cars, I have the need for speed... Can someone recomind a good 45-50ish mph elec or nitro (no pref yet) Im looking at the hpi ones (mostly because I have a savage and love there quality) Anyways feel free to tell me what you guys think would be a great car to get... Like I said I have the need for speed now. (plenty of trucks under my belt)

thanks alot
B
Old 05-05-2004, 10:57 PM
newbie003

Default RE: great car to get?

i say go with the rs4 3 type ss get better gears and that will get you probably 47+ and then if you really want to get more speed get a .21 engine and wolf pack engine mounts.
Old 05-06-2004, 05:41 PM
switchlead

I like the Traxxas 4-Tec. As a personal owner, I recommend this car due to its reliability, speed (60mph on the new versions, I own the previous 55mph version with a modified spur gear set to actually top it out at 45ish) and exceptional control/stability. The only problem is, this car's stock tires (the V-rage tires) will wear down to the skins and be bald within your first 15 runs. But for a RTR car the 4 Tec and the RS4 3 are awesome.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:14 PM
Unspoken

how well do touring cars handle corners at high speeds? im saving up for a electric 4-tec and switching to brushless asap.im scared at flipping it at 30-40 MPH and kartwheeling(like ive done so mmany times with my T-maxx)THX
Old 05-07-2004, 12:59 PM
R40Victim

I race at the local circuit here in Pensacola. I started with an RS4 Racer 2, great car, very durable, plenty of upgrades. I then outgrew it, and dicided to get an R40. I'm very pleased with it. Though heavy, it handles extremely well, while retaining HPI's durability. My only gripe is parts. Some of the ones I need are out of stock. I imagine this is due to the fact the car is relatively new. My LHS carries most of what I need, but I have 5 or so other R40 owners to compete with for parts. It's becoming a more and more popular car(I keep winning races with it!). I admit, the TC3 is an excelent car, but they don't seem to be as durable. The reason I keep bringing durability up is because you seem to be new to racing. I tore up mine several times, as I learned to keep it off the walls...