Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

CONQUISTADOR

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 12:28 AM
heavymaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CONQUISTADOR

I recently bought a ACME racing CONQUISTADOR 1/10 scale gas powered off road truck off of ebay.with the .18 sh engine. Truck will start and run but will not pull or even move out of its tracks.Ive looked at the clutches and pulled apart the rear differ. but dont see anything out of the ordinary.Onlt the clutches are aluminum and they seem to be rubbing on the inside of clutch housing .Thats the only thing i see that might be the problem.ANY BODY GOT ANY IDEALS HOW I CAN FIX THIS THING?
Old 02-22-2005, 12:54 AM
lilcurtis
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: CONQUISTADOR

could possibly have some missing teeth on a gear inside the tranny.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:07 PM
DavidBaker

ACME huh? Have we learned nothing from Wile E. Coyote?

If there is evidence of the clutch shoes rubbing on the inside of the clutchbell that's a good thing. That's how the bell is engaged. No idea what the driveline is like but if the engine revs but does not move the vehicle then something is not engaging. Many variables involved. I'll see if I can find some info.

David
Old 02-22-2005, 08:40 PM
heavymaxx

David , Thanks for the link and help any more info you can find will be very helpful!!!
Old 03-14-2005, 09:50 AM
ASHSTAR

Are the wheel drive shaft ends OK?
Old 03-22-2006, 11:47 PM
acmeconq

check where things stop spinning. I have the same truck and i took mine off a little pile of snow and it got louder. i was mad at it always breaking so i gaverr $#!t and it stopped a little while after but it still ran. i wrecked a crown in the diff, the spur in the middle, a brake pad and somehow the bolts holding the exhaust manifold came off. i threw it downstairs and left it there for a couple weeks. i fixed it and finished off the tank
Old 04-18-2006, 09:59 PM
Himoto Racing Canada

Hello

Concerning the problem you are having with your Conquitador.

Verify the grub screw that connects your centre drive-shafts hub to the transmission or at the entry of the front/rear differentials.

These grub screw may become loose ! Apply BLUE thread locking compound (Loc-Tite etc..)

Also verify that the slipper clutch adjustment/material are correct and working properly.

If you require any further assistance do not hesitate to post your request and PM.

Tech Support
rft-online.com

Servicing R/C vehicles in Canada !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13561.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	447648  
Old 06-04-2006, 12:14 PM
djheptic

does anyone know roughtly how long 1tank of fuel lasts for this model? any ideas on how to save more fuel because my fuel seems to run out pretty quick! [:-]
Old 06-28-2006, 03:20 PM
acme gt

hi i have just bought a acme conquistador and have ran some fuel through it but how do you get the car to just idle without the whhels turning round anyone any ideas thanks tom
Old 07-11-2006, 03:52 PM
acme gt

and for this model 1 tank lasts around 7 minutes that what i timed mine
Old 07-12-2006, 08:03 AM
Scythe

Hehe, glad I found this thread. I'll be extremely grateful if someone could please advise me on this? I'm considering getting the Conquistador, my main reason is because I just want an off road nitro truck to mess around with but I'm not planning to race or anything so I don't want to spend too much. Looking at about £200 and this is pretty much the only one that falls into my price range (apart from the Condor Pro) with accessories and all. Thing that I'm worried about is the reliability which is something a LOT of people seem to be having problems with. So could anybody give me some advice please?
First thing is should I even bother wasting my hard earned cash on this or should I possibly try and save a little bit more and get a slightly better more reliable nitro car?
If the above answer is "get a different one" then what other "affordable" one should I go for (I'm assuming it'll be more expensive than the ACME considering it's the cheapest I could find).
Secondly, if the answer is "get this one", any recomendations as to whether I should go for the Conquistador or the Condor Pro (which has a lower ride height but comes with a 2 speed gearbox and racing bearings but at the same price)?
Finally, if I should go for it, are there any recommended upgrades I shold get at the start (e.g. the aluminium suspension set etc)? Bearing in mind that this would add to the cost of the car so if I need to get that an £50 worth of accessories I may as well go for a "better" £250 car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm not keen on wasting £200+ on a potential pile of junk.

Thanks very much
Old 07-23-2006, 03:42 PM
daldoog

Bought myself a condor pro.Not bad if you consider the price.The machine really flies when 2nd gear cuts in.
It is great for tarmac and hard surfaces but a little fragile in basic form if you hit anything at speed.
All in all ok for the chaep price, just a tip though check everything is tight before you use it.
Enjoy
Old 07-28-2006, 03:21 PM
acme gt

hi mate ive got the acme conquistador and yeh great car just make sure all parts are titebefore you use it, and get the new 2006 model the the bigger tyres and alloyshocks with racing bearings!!!
Old 08-05-2006, 04:17 PM
rhythm_n_stealth

Hi,

Ive just bought one and the way i get it to idle best is to unscrew the throtle which lowers the revs.

Set your throtle on your radio system to a low rev then start it up.

If it starts trying to do a runner, slowly unscrew the throtle and the wheels will slow.

They can still move a little but when you place it on the floor it wont budge.

To avoid stalling, slowly apply the gas and it will move.

Bang your shell on and throw it of a massive ramp!!!!!
Old 08-07-2006, 04:23 PM
AznBash3r
My Feedback: (1)

heavymaxx, your needles are too rich, which is normal for break-in. lean out 1/8 turns clockwise at a time and you will start movin.... good luck
Old 08-20-2006, 10:30 PM
Hunterman3

I just got one Friday. I also bought a two speed trans for it. I need to know how many gear teeth I need on the spur gear. The truck runs great and if faster than I thought it would be. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:19 PM
acme gt

hi my car is water damaged left it out in the rain[&o] any ideas how to fix
Old 09-19-2006, 04:39 AM
Chris K

Hopefully it hasn't been sitting in the rain too long and the body was on!

Your first priority should be drying the elctronics - the receiver in particular. Remove the reciever from the receiver box and blow it out with compressed air - hopefully you won't get any water and that the reciever box will have done it's job. Then replace the receiver in a dried out receiver box, remove the wheels and tires and give the car a thorough bath in WD 40 - this will help to displace the water and hopefully prevent hard rust from forming. Be sure that you don't get WD 40 in the clutch or it will slip BIG TIME! After the car has sat for an hour or so wipe it down and then use compressed air to remove the excess WD 40, put a fresh charge (or install new AA cells) and carefully check the electronicsby turning them on and working the servos. IF it get's through this portion of the test, do a "range test" to make sure that NO permanent damage has been done to the elctronics by walking away from the car with the radio and car both "on"..... As long as the electronics function, have the same range as previous and don't have any glitches you should be good to go!

AND, tie a string to your finger to remind you NOT to leave your R/C car outside!
Old 09-19-2006, 03:24 PM
acme gt

cheers m8 i will tru it, was out all night with the body on went to pub and forgot about it!!!!! i dried it with a hair dryer but i will try your advice cheers
Old 09-19-2006, 03:27 PM
metfoo

i just bought one of these off ebay for 81 bucks shipped. Its used, and requires a dogbone on one of the wheels. I also have a vulcan se, and decided to go for it afterthe luck i have had with the vulcan. My LHS (larrys in SE MI) carries irc, so I shouldnt have any problems. I also bought into cen when the released the fun factor. at the time, larrys carried them, and nobody knew the name. Hopefully larry has another hit with this brand.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:56 PM
zormar0

yea i bought one of these and i was woudering if just replacing the engine and pipe (well you know mod it out)
Old 11-03-2006, 10:15 AM
shiftykapone

hello i am really new to this and have no idea what i am getting into i am forsure getting an acme conquistador for christmas seen it already not to happy but am going to run it anywayz just wondering where to find the two speed tranny and what it is listed under i mean is it called a "two speed tranny" or is it like "rotor regerder valve". also read that a tank of gas only lasts about 7 mins well does anyone know of a bigger gas tank repacement or something like that? i want to do this right so that i dont have so many problems with it so i have been doing alot of looking and cant really find alot about it. and i will tell ya it the coyote was right!!!!
Old 11-20-2006, 12:13 PM
javaplus
My Feedback: (3)

I've got a friend that has a Conquistador and was curious where you guys get parts for it?

Plus, are there any parts from other cars that will fit on this?? It seems that the Condor shares some parts, but which ones and are there others??

My friend is racing his so any race setup advice would be appreciated(Conquistador specific that is).

Thanks!
Old 11-24-2006, 08:06 PM
ford f150

for some reason or the other my 4wheeldrive stopped working and now its in 2 wheel drive all the time
Old 11-24-2006, 08:17 PM
javaplus
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: 161005445

for some reason or the other my 4wheeldrive stopped working and now its in 2 wheel drive all the time

Check the grub screws around the cups that the drive shaft goes into and the outdrive cups that hold your dog bones. If the set screws are loose on any of these 3 you will have only two wheel drive.

--Barry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.