Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

RC Car/Truck/Buggy club in Atlanta????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC Car/Truck/Buggy club in Atlanta????

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Hobbies for Fun
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Car/Truck/Buggy club in Atlanta????

Well I was just told that possibly 1 of the 2 rc offroad tracks in the Atlanta area "may" be closing its doors as it is up for sale. so it got me thinking.

1. Buy the place

or

2. When I was flying rc airplanes, we leased a plot of land form the county for nothing and built our flying field there for our club.

Why not do that same for offroad and possibly on road ashphalt RC car/truck/buggy racing?

Im brainstorming here in order to find a place us in Atlanta and North GA have a place to race.

Spit out some ideas and suggestions, and lets see what we all can do!

Chris

Old 03-08-2005, 06:49 PM
T6Y5

Default RE: RC Car/Truck/Buggy club in Atlanta????

Whereabouts in north GA?

Im in Marietta
Old 03-08-2005, 07:07 PM
Hobbies for Fun
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: RC Car/Truck/Buggy club in Atlanta????

I would think a place in Cobb would be perfect, nice and easy for anyone to get to in the atlanta Area. Historicly the counties tend to offer land on old Landfills so I will have to do some research on their locations. From my flyign days locating a field is by far the most difficult issue to overcome due to teh size needed and the sound issue., but with cars/trucks/buggys the sound issue is not as bad as when flying and alot less land is needed. By my measurements 2-3 acres would be perfect.