Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Ball bearings help - where to buy in EUROPE???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Ball bearings help - where to buy in EUROPE???

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 09:35 PM
zafeirop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ball bearings help - where to buy in EUROPE???

Hello all.

My Tamiya XBG TGS exploded view describes 3 different bearing types:

1. ball bearing
2. plastic bearing
3. metal bearing

Which of these are the good ones that I should keep and which to replace with better?

Does anyone willing to help me understand the difference?

Any eshop in Europe that will ship in logical prices?

Thank you xperts![:-]
Old 05-13-2005, 05:04 AM
Da R/Cer

Default RE: Ball bearings help - where to buy in EUROPE???

So what your saying is that the TGS has all of those types in the car. If so, it would be best to keep the "ball" bearing in the car and replace the plastics and metal ones with ball bearings.

Ball bearings have tiny balls inside of the case so that it helps to reduce friction better and make your car run faster if you look after the bearings really well. Plastic bearings, is just like a ball bearing but it is just a thick ring of plastic with nothing in it and will wear out faster due to the material its made out of. Metal bearings.......well, same thing as the plastic on but instead its a chunk of metal.

So to round it all up, ball bearings are the best, they will cost more, but will benefit your car alot.
And about that bearings in europe thing, i cant help you there but if all else fails, you can alwasy buy of the net.

Davo
Old 05-13-2005, 09:58 AM
zafeirop

Well Da R/Cer, you helped a lot!

I found a nice kit for my RC that replaces all bearings which are not ball bearings, with ball bearings.

Do you think that a ball bearing lasts more time than a plastic or a metal bearing?

Extra question: what is a bushing?[X(]
Old 05-13-2005, 09:32 PM
Da R/Cer

Well, ask everyone out there and they will say ball bearings last longer than pastic or metal bearings. Its just simply because almost the whole thing is moving and there isnt much friction to wear it out.

And a bushing is just another name for a plastic or metal bearing.
So there are Ball bearings, plastic bushings and metal bushings.

And nice work finding the bearing set. Bearings are usually the first thing you should get if you consider making your car run faster and last longer.

Davo
Old 05-14-2005, 08:46 AM
Bucknut

I'll be joining you in Europe this summer (Turkey)....I hope that I can find a place to get nitro, all the online hobby shops I've checked won't ship it overseas.

...are there any online stores that will mail nitro to you there?
Old 05-15-2005, 09:51 AM
zafeirop

Europe will gladly welcome you Bucknut!

As for the eshiping of Nitro, I dont think that you'll find someone inside Turkey. Well, you have to do your research, who knows?
It will be more easy to find s LHS in your place that you'll visit rather than finding an eshop.

Italy ships for sure, 4-6 days for delivery in Turkey BUT be carefull! Some countries prohibit the transportation of flameable materials to certain destinations, without appropriate license.

So, you have to be informed for a LHS at your place of visit.

[8D]

Thanks again Da R/Cer. Xpert advise!