Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Engine

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 12:08 PM
nas556

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine

i am new to nitro rc cars, but have some experience with rc cars in general, and would like to know who makes the fastest on or off road engine??
Old 06-01-2005, 12:18 PM
Nitroaddict

Default RE: Engine

There are many to chose from, but keep in mind that gearing not the engine itself is the main way to increase speed.

Try using the search function as there are many threads about this already.

Here is a link to a search I did for fastest engine. Try your own searches as well.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/sear...mitbutton=+OK+
Old 06-02-2005, 10:52 AM
cjennings

Look if you are new to RC you dont want the fastest engine because those things are extremely high maitnence what you whant is somthing preatty porwerful, that is very relieble. I use to have a sotck RS4 3 EVO and the engine on that was actually preaty god and extremely relieble. I right now have a Serpent Legal race M12. It is considered to be one of the most powerful engines out there. Base price at $400. But every time i go to my local track i spend at least 1 hour tuning it. with the stock RS4 engine i had i might spend 10 min tuning it. Also with these more agressive engines most companys suggest you replace the conrod after every week of full on practice, not bashing but racing, practicing for racing, ect. with the stock RS4 engone you will basically never need to replace the con rod, simply beacuse it iasnt as power ful.

So if youare a noob DONT buy the most powerful engine get somthing that works well and is relieble.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:55 PM
rc car CRAZY

You might have some skills driving rc but the top line nitro engines need to be driven by precision drivers. They are super powerfull and 1 mistake + its gone STart on something smaller like rc10gt and stuff like that. To get a good engine you need to learn how to tune them so you need a beginner kit.

Ben

ANTI-CHAV