Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Kyosho Mega Force

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 01:11 PM
rockcandy1014

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Mega Force

I am looking for someone who can tell me if there are any hop/ups for the kyosho mega force nitro truck, namely parts that are plastic that can be replaced with titainum or aluminum weither they are aftermarket or parts that can be used from other companies like traxxs or ?? i like the truck, it is very easy to run, the only complaint is the plastic has a tendency to breas easely and not as durable as some cars / trucks i have owned.....Mark
Old 03-18-2003, 02:48 PM
Fireslinger28
My Feedback: (1)

not as of yet i havent found 1 hop up for the MF...couple companies i sent emails to are working on them and should have stuff out by summertime though
Old 03-26-2003, 01:26 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Tower hobbies might have some hop-ups for it listed.
Old 03-31-2003, 03:01 AM
Fireslinger28

nope they dont...other than like a new clutch shoe and bell...
OHH and they have a different color exhaust coupler YAY!!!!
Old 03-31-2003, 08:36 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Originally posted by Fireslinger28
nope they dont...other than like a new clutch shoe and bell...
OHH and they have a different color exhaust coupler YAY!!!!
do i sense sarcasm?
Old 03-31-2003, 11:23 PM
Fireslinger28

yes...yes you do...it really pisses me off that there is NOTHING for this truck as far as customizing it right now...
Old 04-01-2003, 12:49 AM
cummins driver

They really ought to make some hop-ups for this truck because it looks like a fairly decent truck, and i know it would sell better if it had more hop-ups and if the parts were more available. Maybe you should start making your own(if you have the time/tools), and selling them, and making some for yourself. Is the mega force a very durable truck? They really ought to offer a 2 speed of some kind for this truck too, because i hear its kind of slow, and a 2 speed would really help it a lot. I dont blame you for being mad about not having any hop-ups.
Old 04-01-2003, 01:36 AM
caseyddr

its actually very slow... 18.1 mph stock
Old 04-05-2003, 02:49 PM
Fireslinger28

yeah everyone keeps saying its slow but mines not slow at all...
Old 04-05-2003, 06:26 PM
caseyddr

compare it against a terra crusher or tmaxx, shoot compare it to a RTR electric vehicle.. you'll definately see the slowness.
Old 04-06-2003, 03:34 PM
flycasterjosh

Hey All-

I spoke with Hobbico trying to get another thing resolved, and was told that they should be hitting the market this summer with hop-ups. They needed to watch market penetration prior to releasing and producing a project like that.

The big things are the two speed tranny, and even 4 wheel steering! This truck is a bit slow, but it was not made for speed. It was made for jumping, 4 wheeling, and torque, T-Maxx crushing fun. My Force aptly lives up to it's name in those categories. It has enough torque to pull my 10 year old around on his skateboard.

I will probably end up dropping a .21 in it eventually. The truck is already built up to handle the .21 torque with the steel shafts, etc.

Last weekend we went to a nearby park and I built a wood jump where I was literally jumping OVER my standing kid. No damage until I ran it directly in to a curb at full speed (bad piloting).

If my pictures turn out, I will post. I have video, do any of you know if there is a place on the forum that I can post a feed?

-flycaster
Old 04-06-2003, 07:52 PM
caseyddr

what kinda jump were you launching it off of cuz not to be rude, but 18.1 stock mph wont get you very high into the air. I dont see how running into a curb can hurt it that much at that speed either.
Old 04-18-2003, 09:38 PM
flycasterjosh

Default Take a hike Casey

You are being rude.

This board is not an engine for immature jackasses such as yourself that have nothing better to do but hang around and burn the other posts.

Fact of the matter is, you could jump a truck going over a kid at 5 MPH, as long as the jump were big enough. In this case, it was 1/2 sheet of plywood, at about a 45 degree angle. The point that was being made was that with that type of angle, it has a flat landing from a high alititude and held up perfectly.

What you dont know, is that my truck weighs 10 pounds, and even at 15 MPH directly in to concrete, you are going to jack something up (in this case, it broke the front skidplate). If you dont believe this will do damage I will have you over sometime and run it at the measly 18.1 MPH in to your shins.

Until then, go play with your little jr. high school buddies.

-Flycaster.
Old 04-19-2003, 02:47 PM
caseyddr

i know how much a megaforce ways and I know what can happen with damage, but hey 15 mph thats swift... what can i say?
Old 04-20-2003, 04:48 AM
j.d.roxx

Hey Flycaster, dont let Casey get to you, he acts like this 95% of the time.
Old 04-20-2003, 08:53 PM
cummins driver

CaseyDDR, something that weighs 10 pounds and is running 15 mph that runs smack into a concrete wall can break quite a few things if you ask me. I bet you wont run a real truck into a good sturdy concrete wall at 15mph without denting up the front end pretty good. By the way Casey, have you ever even seen a mega force run in real life? The mega force doesent have a 2 speed like most other trucks anyway, so if they made it much faster then it would lose a lot of torque.

Mega force owners- Does the mega force have much torque for pulling and climbing? Does it seem to be pretty durable for the most part?
Old 04-28-2003, 11:03 AM
Fireslinger28

ohh god yeah...that thing will climb most anything...i havent pulled anything as of yet but i'ma have a pull off with my friends and see whos wins ...and yeah it is slow if you compare it to even my duratrax maximum st...but for its size and weight...it goes just fine...even better when i drop a .21 or bigger and 2 speed tranny in it...and as far as the 4 wheel steering goes...i'm not buying the kit cause i'm in the process of making my own...if you have a mechanical mind you can look at your mega and see how they are gonna do it...
Old 04-28-2003, 10:37 PM
cummins driver

Good luck on the 4ws. If you are gonna have a pull off, then you need to make sure your truck weighs more than your friends because having plenty of weight makes all the difference in pulling.
Old 07-07-2003, 11:38 PM
1977amc

When you figure the 4WS out please let me know how to do it. I've tried to find pictures of the USA-1 to see how it worked there. Can't find anything on the web though. I've got larger tires on the truck and could really use a smaller steering radius.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:47 AM
Sigmun

The megaforce can climb almost anything? Fireslinger can you tell me how you pulled that off cuz mine can't even climb easily at all. It's alway seems to lack power......
Old 02-02-2004, 02:47 PM
FIREotter

Default RE: Kyosho Mega Force

i know what u mean,
but im using 5% nitro[:'(]
i realy wanna know how 2 upgrade to a .26
can someone tell me how plz
also where can u get the 4 wheel stearing and the 2 speed tranny?
they sound like decent hop ups, whats the prices?