Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Is this normal? Need some help I think

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Is this normal? Need some help I think

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 10:53 PM
DigiT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this normal? Need some help I think

Has anyones eles that got a brand new MT2 had an extremely rich pre set.. Here is the thing.. I followed break in to a T..However on the 3rd or 4th tank of gas the car didnt seem to want to move at all. I noticed each tank the truck seemed to struggle a bit more to move. The only changes around me are the weather.. It turned dark and dropped a few degrees maybe ten at the most. I also notice when I start the truck (btw it starts perfect) Its really rich I think.. There is always smoke and gas shooting out of the exhaust. When I give the car gas it revs a bit but doesnt go anywhere.. I can rev it all the way and sometimes (if im lucky it will start to spin the tires (this is with me holding the truck off the ground).

Anyways I want to say its from the truck being to rich and lean it out a bit but then again im still new to nitro so I dont want to screw anything up. Does anyone have any ideas or has this happend to anyone eles.

: OPPS Didnt notice I was in general section I ment to post in rc nitro stadium section.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:05 PM
dannthenitroman

Default RE: Is this normal? Need some help I think

thtas cool. its because ur running at night, rc engines change dramatically when it gets dark

Dann
Old 11-08-2005, 11:20 PM
DigiT

Hmm It seemed like I had to lean it a 1/2 turn and then addjust the th. trim 1/4 turn (more gas) to get it to rev normal and want to finaly want to drive.. Is that normal? Im scared to go more than 1/2 turn lean. Also when I say lots of smoke were talking alot of blueish white smoke and oil or gas shooting out of the exhaust. I Could hit the boxes the truck came in from 3 to 4 feet away with gas spots. If gave the truck gas it would bog a bit and just shoot more smoke and gas from the exhaust.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:34 PM
dannthenitroman

in that case its probably way too rich go another 1/2 turn leaner again.

Dann
Old 11-08-2005, 11:46 PM
DigiT

Alright.. I just wanted to make sure something really bad wasnt going wrong here. I did notice as the car is leaner the wheels will move as they should. So I dont think my clutch or gears are toast or anything.. Plus they better not be I just opened this thing up a few hours ago. Brand spankin new lol.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:02 AM
dannthenitroman

yeh lean it out a little more and go drive dont speak to me!, but it night where u are isnt it

Dann
Old 11-09-2005, 12:17 AM
DigiT

lol yea.. 12:15 am to be honest.. But hey im still up why not drive it.. Screw the neigbors.

Heh just kidding. I will go to the local park where they have stadium lights and nobody is around.. I will keep you posted how it works out.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:34 AM
dannthenitroman

sweet cya on later.

Dann
Old 11-09-2005, 03:35 AM
DigiT

So I leaned it out a bit and it responds a little better I went a total of 3/4 in from factory!!!!. However 1/2 throttle doesnt seem any better than full throttle. Also I have to let it get up to speed, it wont just rocket off like other trucks..

However here is the kicker.. I drove a whole tank going almost as fast as she would move.. (which wasnt to fast) There was still alot of smoke of from the exhaust I mean I could see a clear cloud of smoke even in the dark. Now when the tank was gone I could rest my hand on the heat sink and or exhaust.. It wasnt very hott at all.. I would say warm at best. I want to stress I could literly just sit my hand on the heat sink all day long as it didnt even come close to burning hot.. Not even hot enough to really warm your hands..

Whats funny is the weather isnt that bad here.. Its in the 70s during the day and 60ish at night.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:04 AM
J_D

lean it out more...

have it like 2 turns out from completely closed
Old 11-09-2005, 10:45 AM
DigiT

Wow. so it doesnt seem odd how much I had to lean it out thus far.. ? Well we shall see what happens. If I have to lean much more than that.. Im going to give hpi I call.. I was thinking of going all the way in then doing the 2 to 2.5 turns out, it but sometimes I get confused as to how far that is.. My savage 25 seems to go in forever and then it will get tight, thus resulting in ultra lean even if I go out the 3 to 3 1/2 turns as HPI suggest. This theory makes me think that there is a point considered all the way in, and not just turning that screw in untill it doesnt move any more. How do you know when its "all the way in"? When it stops turning or is there another way to tell? I figure if I go all the way in then I just turn it out 2 or 2 1/2 turns.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:06 PM
dannthenitroman

all the way in is just until it stops, but dont torque it down, just when it resists fairly strongly. and dont call HPI just lean it out more.

Dann