Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Glow Plug after Break in

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 09:07 PM
}{unter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glow Plug after Break in

Do i need to change my glow plug after break in i got a meter on my Ignighter and it is showing good. So do i need to still change it because of the Gun on it from the break in??

}{unter
Old 12-15-2002, 10:26 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Glow Plug after Break in

Originally posted by }{unter
Do i need to change my glow plug after break in i got a meter on my Ignighter and it is showing good. So do i need to still change it because of the Gun on it from the break in??

}{unter

}{unter....As the saying goes....if it ain't broke....don't fix it!

If you begin to notice a big difference in how the engine runs....seems to bogg down while accelerating....then keep the glow plug in mind. If you can easily start the engine after your last time out...with no problems....keep using that plug. When they go bad...you'll know it.

A simple test you can do if you begin to have doubts about your glow plug is to remove the plug....place a fully charged glow igniter on the plug and look at the element as it's glowing. Is it glowing evenly? Can you see "ALL" of the element glowing or is there any part of the coil that is not glowing? If you see a good glow....then use it. If it's not glowing properly.....replace it.

http://www.rcnitro.com/rn/articles/glowplugs.asp

Enjoy!