Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

*** How LOW!!??**

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 06:51 PM
Rs43EVOman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *** How LOW!!??**

I ahve a voltage meter for the 1400 MAh Nimh raciever pack in my !/8th buggy, and i would like to know what is the lowest i should let my voltage go? IE. When should i take my car off the track to re charge it?
Old 06-03-2006, 07:52 PM
michelob78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *** How LOW!!??**

Nimh cells work best IMO with a .9V per cell cutoff, you might be able to go .8V but that would be all I would want to go. That gives you 4-4.5V that would be where you should discharge them to.

As far as when to take your car off the track... that depends. The nominal voltage with the pack at rest will be higher than when a load is on it. So you will see what you think is a good voltage, but soon as the servo's draw current the voltage will drop dramatically. I take mine off as soon as I see a drop in servo speed, or if I have run that pack for several races I will swap it for a different one.