Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Cars and planes (real planes)(nitro cars)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Cars and planes (real planes)(nitro cars)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 09:22 PM
Bkag

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cars and planes (real planes)(nitro cars)

ok so i am in america and have bought a team losi lst 2, new, but i live in england so im flying back in a week or so, with all these new restrictions and stuff will i still be able to fly back with it as checked luggage or will i have to take out the engine and ship that with ups or fed ex.

P.s. it had not had any nitro through it, it is brand new but the box has been opened and seals broken
Old 08-18-2006, 09:43 PM
125cchyperman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cars and planes (real planes)(nitro cars)

The truck should be ok. But the fuel if you have any is another story. As long as the truck has not touched fuel then there will be no residue from the fuel that might alert a bomb sniffing dog or any other bomb sniffing devices. But I would call the airlines and make sure. Any and all residue from the fuel will more then likely be caught and you may be searched along with other things. Just call the airlines before just to make sure. As you might have to miss your flight or throw it out at the airlines if you dont check with them. And I dont think you want to do either.

The airlines would know best so as I said two or three times already, check with them. And you will know for sure what you can and cant carry on.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:47 PM
Bkag

Ok thanks ill call tomorrow, i hope i can take it or it will turn out in the end (if i have to ship it) to cost just as much as in the uk
Old 08-19-2006, 08:10 PM
razor 2.o

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok now lets see remove the fuel lines and tires and put it in the bag
if any one asked its a desplay model
Old 08-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Bkag

That is very good tip thanks, ill need to make some pipe blocks so nothing gets into the carb though