Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

ill take on any nitro questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 03:48 PM
ross_jsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ill take on any nitro questions

there is a lot more physics to it than more exhaust gases leaving. they work by matching the resonante freq. with the pulses from the engine. it is really technical and im not an expert though.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:37 PM
teamRevolution
Banned

yea tuned pipes do that i have good luck on all types of pipe /motor set ups----sometimes i think the companies that make tuned pipes
laugh all the way to the bank----i have won 2 local lot racing championships with this pipe---its a total crapper but everyone is always askin me what it is cause it sounds good its just a old cut header and a bored out hpi pipe---i do agree there might be a certain pipe that suits the motor for certain tracks and set ups----but i like loud ones----and my engines last atleast through 3to 4 gallons of 33%nitro
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91124.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	512692  
Old 08-24-2006, 06:45 PM
boltech

No way! that was your truck? that was halarious.. what was the damage to the truck and the girl? any lawsuits?

ORIGINAL: teamRevolution

ORIGINAL: ross_jsy

is that you driving the car when it hits the girl? i saw it a few years back and had it running in the background on a projector constantly durung a talk about rc cars at school. i passed with the highest grade in the class!! thank you haha
its my friend and his sister------and yes it was a bmx track ---and the footage before the wreck is actually perty funny also --
he was chasing her around for like 20 minutes---thats funny --i was at purdue ---one time and guys where watching it ---
its perty funny ---im going to try to transfer some of my super 8 footage onto the web ,,,some of that is real awsome--
i got one of a 100 mph 1/8scaletop fuel dragster ,hitting a guy in his shin ---he goes like 3 foot in the air ---the car blows into peices
then the car ignites in a blue nitro specticle---i have to get a peice for my comp then its ---on ---
Old 08-24-2006, 06:48 PM
boltech

btw: good work on what ur doing here... you gonna be a busy guy on here!
Old 08-24-2006, 06:49 PM
teamRevolution
Banned

no damage ,she actually kicked the body off after the hit, im trying to post that
Old 08-25-2006, 01:05 AM
macguyver77
My Feedback: (5)

OK, I'll admit I'm a nob too. Here's my question / situation. I'm a fly boy. We just put in two very nice dirt tracks at our field. I wan't a land machine now, I'm hooked. We have both an oval and a one with tight turns and jumps and stuff. What should I get. I know I want a nitro truggy or mt. I just want to play on the weekends. I'm not going to be into racing or anything like that. Maybe playing with the local guys a little. Should I get a truggy or a MT? I want a RTR setup. One that wont break as much or be !QUOT!indestructible!QUOT! with a few upgrades. What should I get? Best bang for the buck please.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:26 AM
ross_jsy

well nothing is indestructable in rc but the savage is pretty damn close. it's an mt and comes in .21(recently discontinued), .25, ss(which is a kit) and with an aftermarket kit you can turn it into a double engine set up or be able to take a .46.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:51 PM
SpeedAddict

ross jsy is right, the Savvys are almost bomb-proof. However, if you decide to go truggy, I would look into the Hellfire. It's a sweet looking truck and I would assume it's almost as tough as a Savage, but I'm not sure. I would go with truggys for your type of racing, tight and technical, MTs are machines for bashing and extreme racing with big jumps.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:51 PM
TC4 Freak

Yea I have an ofna ultra lx comp 2 and I was driving it the other day and all the sudden the throttle servo gave out and the motor just idled and then died. Then a few minutes later the servo kicked back in.

The same thing keeps happening again and again like every 5-10 minutes.

Old 08-25-2006, 08:45 PM
teamRevolution
Banned

a couple of guys asked about some trucks for sale ---i dont want to do the classified thing so here they are ---go ahead make an offer
---they all have hop ups---all the trucks run--fast------the ---ofna dominator has a 21 turbo-----the grave digger---is a T-MAXX with all the bells and whistles---the SAVAGE is like new-----i also have a couple of road cars ---the good one is a factory team nitro tc3 with 2 month old O.S..18 hardly drive it because i dont like shaft drive---- a R-40 all sooped up wit a O.S.18-----make me an offer --through pm or e-mail---oll get back to you
if you have any questions about any of the rides go ahead and ask me or post it- all of the vehicles are awesome and need notin but a driver------===============AND the engine is a .12 roar legal--xr12-callari--tuned by champion driver himself Lamberto Callari
its a beast i put it in a rs4-today and it was crazy fast --i mean crazy--i dont need it --i have a bunch of modified O.S's sow if any one wants the baddest on road legal race engine with the --hard to find matching callari pipe--e- mail me
--thanks===tim

Name:	Ur52181.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	513171   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc94236.jpg
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	513172   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ua70235.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	513173   Click image for larger version

Name:	At54445.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	513174   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hs96584.jpg
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	513175   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tj73867.jpg
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	513176  
Old 08-25-2006, 10:44 PM
macguyver77
My Feedback: (5)

So should I go with a Hellfire? Savage, or Revo 3.3??
Old 08-26-2006, 12:20 AM
teamRevolution
Banned

i like the hell fire kit it looks cool ---but there is a chance that uneless it really blows up that it will be another---superRs4---or a proceed
and go off line---the revo is very popular ---the 3.3 is nice---much nicer than hpi engines that dont put out much---
the revo has tons of inexpensive hop-up-parts---i like traxxas support also they really help you---support is important for newer drivers-or people that are new to a company ----i am an hpi fan till death---ive spent extensive time on other forums defending HPI
but any ways i hope you get one of the two and have a good experiance ----if you need any further info --or tips hit it up,,tim
oh yea check out this dumb video---ha ha ---http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L0-4vRh1ks
copy and paste helpin the moderated since 95---ha ha
Old 08-26-2006, 01:03 AM
teamRevolution
Banned

HEY--BOLTECH---im going to start giving gifts to people that are nice--here'yours ha ha ha

Name:	Lj22360.jpg
Size:	240.1 KB
ID:	513270  
Old 08-26-2006, 06:58 AM
ross_jsy

have you checked out the reveiews on rcu? that would be a good place to start and it might answer some of your q's.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:06 PM
juice3183

Just got a jato 3.3 and I havent even been able to break it in yet. It has been givin me a s@#$ load of problems. I'm in my 3rd tank of break in an the car wont accelerate unless I give it almost full throttle then it stalls. I would really appreciate your help. I cant wait to get this thing runnin.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:07 PM
teamRevolution
Banned

[quote]ORIGINAL: TC4 Freak

Yea I have an ofna ultra lx comp 2 and I was driving it the other day and all the sudden the throttle servo gave out and the motor just idled and then died. Then a few minutes later the servo kicked back in.

sounds like your battery is not power full enough --or your controller----do you use ---rechageables or regular ??
----or have you got the reciever dirty---or wet----check to make sure your reciever is not chattering on something --put two sided foam tape around it --or some kind of soft material so that it dont whack around alot--- also make sure your wires are in good order---and not exposed--and hitting other wires -----i hope your reciever wire is not been cut--it needs to be the length it was when u got it---get the wire up in the air good and cap the end so it doesnt get broke---
sorry it took so long to answer---tim
Old 08-27-2006, 10:08 PM
teamRevolution
Banned

ORIGINAL: macguyver77

So should I go with a Hellfire? Savage, or Revo 3.3??
revo 3.3---i would say more but they will erase it-----e-mail me at [email protected]--if you need further info---
Old 08-27-2006, 10:12 PM
oldskoolnitro

just put modified engine in rs4 2 took it out and ran awesome acceleration but it burned the coil wire in the plug why?
Old 08-27-2006, 10:14 PM
oldskoolnitro

just unbelievable throttle response
Old 08-27-2006, 10:15 PM
teamRevolution
Banned

ORIGINAL: juice3183

Just got a jato 3.3 and I havent even been able to break it in yet. It has been givin me a s@#$ load of problems. I'm in my 3rd tank of break in an the car wont accelerate unless I give it almost full throttle then it stalls. I would really appreciate your help. I cant wait to get this thing runnin.
its a big engine ---give it the best break in ever and youll have it longer----dont full throttle it yet give it a while----let it simmer---
i know the feeling --your like do a wheelie --do a wheelie ---its normal----just follow the instructions to the tee the traxxas instructions are very good----it takes about ten tanks before you see some performance----man i hope you havent messed it up --just kiddin---but keep in mind the better you treat it the better it runs---have you leaned it out yet --it doesnt sound like it----i have been breakin in my buddies engine allday---it gets frustrating you want to see performance like a car ---but even a car needs some break in time---
keep on keepin on--youll get it then take some video so i can see it---late
Old 08-27-2006, 10:17 PM
teamRevolution
Banned

it sounds like crappy plugs---just kiddin---na i think its a bit rich----you put the callari???
Old 08-28-2006, 01:43 PM
oldskoolnitro

nope modified hpi 15
Old 08-28-2006, 03:56 PM
juice3183

Well I finally got trough the 5th tank today. When I tried to restart it after running trough 2 tanks it would only start if I applied throttle. When I let go of the throttle it just dies. I tried adjusting the idle and it worked once but died after runnin for 3 seconds. Man I didnt know this would be this difficult... I really appreciate your help man thanks.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:19 PM
teamRevolution
Banned

are you following the instrucions-------it sounds rich---take off air filter--check to see when you hit the break---how far the throttle goes in make sure it doesnt close all the way---adjust the throttle trim so its a little fast till the clutch engages---
make sure u use good batteries----when u first start it---cover the exhaoust--for a bout 2 seconds when you hit the button --that will prime it---then hit the throttle back and forth half way---keep doin that till it heats up a little----remember you have to lean the top needle in at small increments----after running a little bring it in and pinch the fuel line ---near the carb,,, if it keeps runnin sparatically---its to rich---if it just shuts off its to lean---turn the low valve in ,,,if it speeds up and doesnt shut off in 2 to 4 seconds,,
every thing you do --do in small turns---late
Old 08-28-2006, 05:38 PM
savvyjj

do you have one of those failsafes? because i do and it always happens to me. its because of the battries

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.