Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Hobbytown USA ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 02:22 AM
NitroWolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbytown USA ?

ts, I know you are north of B'ham, but the HT in Hoover has a couple of guys that know their stuff. Feel free to call on them. They will ship ups I think. It actually costs about $3.50 to ship a UPS 1lb package to you and will be there the next day. Give it a try.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:27 AM
Warby
My Feedback: (69)

Default hobbytown USA

There is a great one in Ames Ia.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:47 PM
willster

Default Cullman RC

Cullman RC was the one I refering too. I forgot about Pyramid being there. Either way, hobbytown is nice to have in this area...
Old 03-31-2003, 11:34 PM
Forevafire1

Default Hobbytown USA ?

yes, i have a hobbytown in manassas i like them every time i come the have everything i need(well almost) but yea i would excited
Old 04-01-2003, 12:27 AM
PAINT CHIP

Default Hobbytown USA ?

Originally posted by mbbaj2001
my hobbytowns sucks. Every time I need a part they need to order it. All they stock is t-maxx parts screw the rest of the manufactures. I always order my parts at towwer hobbies. I can get the parts faster than the hobbytown. One guy only no everything and he's never there to ask for help. Because of this I've moved up to 1/4 scale and am building my own cars and trucks. Now if I need anything I can make it Except the eletronics.

I don"t know if it is much of a secret most people know but great planes=tower hobbies=hobby town are one in the same!
Old 04-01-2003, 01:42 AM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

Default Re: hobbytown USA

Originally posted by Warby
There is a great one in Ames Ia.

also a small but very nice one in urbandale. I havent checked ou the one Ames yet. Where is it located?
Old 04-01-2003, 02:09 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Default Hobbytown USA ?

Originally posted by buyrbware
Unfortunately, My hobbytown stinks, Guys are rude and prices are high..But at least I have other shop options were I live!
agreed, I knew more than they did and sold a RTR boat they couldnt. It was pretty sad when you are leaving a store with 2 employees in the RC section thanking you for selling something.
Old 04-01-2003, 05:29 AM
JEFFRO503
My Feedback: (9)

Default Hobbytown USA ?

Man....i'm such an idiot!! I just realized something. Out here in Portland OR , they have quite a few LHS , and i have been to most , and will probably only go back to a few of them. I just realized that HOBBYTOWN.USA was one of the LHS i haven't been to yet!! i didn't realize it was a big chain of hobby shops........CRAP!!!!!....i gotta get my ass up there and check it out!!...............(tires burning out in the drive way!!)

JEFFRO503
Old 04-01-2003, 05:31 AM
caseyddr

Default Hobbytown USA ?

its nothing to be excited about, ours mainly stocks Traxxas, AE, and Losi.
Old 04-01-2003, 05:48 AM
JEFFRO503

Default Hobbytown USA ?

I wonder if the stock KYOSHO's.....paticulary the K2?........if not..............anyone know of a good place to buy this thing. Casey..........you posted some thought's on the other message i left about the thought's of me getting an OFNA , and you and some of the other guys , kind of pursuaded me into getting the K2..............where the heck can i buy one , at a descent price. I already know i'm gonna have to speand around $625.--$725. anywhere you guys know of.......having some sort of blow out or anything?

JEFFRO503
Old 04-01-2003, 05:55 AM
caseyddr

Default Hobbytown USA ?

I have an ebay link to 1 i can show you at moment, but im just to tired to get up and look through my RCCA magazines. I'll definately check tomarrow before I head to Ohio.
Old 04-01-2003, 06:01 AM
JEFFRO503

Default Hobbytown USA ?

THANKS BRO!!
Old 04-01-2003, 03:42 PM
Turn&Burn

Default Hobbytown USA ?

I just had to say this............I think hobby town is the Mickey D's of R.C. I went in their not to long ago looking for a certian size screw, so I took the car with me.....The guy behind the counter looks at it and says, nice; you know what would make it bad ass!! is a 2 speed.......Then I said give me my money back, cause I dought you sold me the correct size screw.....You don't even know what a two speed looks like......There is one on the car.....
Old 04-01-2003, 04:30 PM
caseyddr

Default Hobbytown USA ?

Originally posted by Turn&Burn
I just had to say this............I think hobby town is the Mickey D's of R.C. I went in their not to long ago looking for a certian size screw, so I took the car with me.....The guy behind the counter looks at it and says, nice; you know what would make it bad ass!! is a 2 speed.......Then I said give me my money back, cause I dought you sold me the correct size screw.....You don't even know what a two speed looks like......There is one on the car.....
LOL that sounds like a typical hobbytown worker!
Old 04-01-2003, 05:53 PM
Turn&Burn

Default Hobbytown USA ?

yep...
Old 04-01-2003, 05:59 PM
KyleSch

Default Hobbytown USA ?

All the people that work at my LHS are great, the almost all have alot of knowledge of RC cars, and very helpful. The other day I went in there to get a throttle linkage so I could use my fantom. He looked around the HPI section for a while, and couldn't find anything. He went over to a small airplain section and found something that would work. This probably took 15 minutes too. Then he gave me the throttle linkage for free.

I also got 10 dollars off the fantom I bought a few days earlier. They had some coupon for 5% off anything that I didn't bring in, but he (diff guy) still gave me the 10 dollars off, and said I could still use that coupon if I found one.

I like my LHS , I with they had more parts though
Old 04-01-2003, 06:09 PM
armyrcer-RCU
My Feedback: (17)

Default Hobbytown USA ?

there are some good hobbytowns and bad we had one in va beach area the guy was painting my rs4 pro2 body. it was after hours he locked the store up and let me stay there till he finished it. although we have one here newport news they mostly stock car parts not planes i fly planes now, and their is only one person that works there that knows about planes he works early i go in late go figure. they have one guy there that does'nt care if you buy anything or not unless your in the magic games that is bad sometimes, but i try not to deal with him though.
Old 04-01-2003, 07:32 PM
off-road3

Default Hobbytown USA ?

the hobby town usa by me was absolutly TERABLE the people were normal people who had no clue about r\c stuff and the manager shortend the r\c section to acomindat lil 7yrold hobbys that store closed in less than a year but it was probly jus a lemon.
Old 04-01-2003, 08:53 PM
caseyddr

Default Hobbytown USA ?

I guess Indy has one of the successful lemons
Old 04-01-2003, 10:12 PM
Brodie Sinn

Default Hobbytown USA ?

I like the 2 speed story, rofl
Old 04-02-2003, 04:26 AM
JEFFRO503

Default Hobbytown USA ?

I went into that one i was talking about up here in Portland OR today.........guys we're pretty nice and all , but they really didn't have that much. I would say 80% of the NITRO CARS /TRUCKS we're all HPI , and almost all of those we're that HP4 Touring car.................not my bag o' tricks.

JEFFRO
Old 04-02-2003, 06:21 AM
Turn&Burn

Default Hobbytown USA ?

Your right Jeffro, The hobby town here is the same way.........Thats what killed me about that...:stupid:
Old 04-03-2003, 11:31 AM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

Default Hobbytown USA ?

I have NEVER seen a industry like Hobby town and LHS in general where there is such a HUGE percentage of unhappy customers, due to RUDE and INCOMPETENT employees.... I bet if a guy had enough money, and wanted to, he could start a chain of hobby stores and only hire knowledgeable and friendly employees. I cant remember the last time a employee at wal mart pissed me off like I get from my LHS......How hard can it be to see if a employee is smiling and helpful with customers? Are the managers and owners blind...or just dont care?
Old 04-03-2003, 04:53 PM
armyrcer-RCU
My Feedback: (17)

Default Hobbytown USA ?

well hobbytown is a major hobbyshop around the states. Most of them just worry about selling stuff. I have seen cases where they sell warbirds to guys who have never flown a plane, to me that is wrong. We had a tv repair shop in fredricksburg when i was there called norms tv the guy sold hobby stuff for planes out of the back that is where i got started i was young and wanted one of the warbirds as a first plane he refused to sell it to me and showed me a trainer a eaglet 50. i purchased everything and when complete he checked it out then i went to the feild with him and he tought me how to fly. you dont find that anymore hobbytown is like the rest all about the money and no customer service
Old 04-03-2003, 08:19 PM
Brodie Sinn

Default Hobbytown USA ?

Originally posted by TODD MARSH
I cant remember the last time a employee at wal mart pissed me off like I get from my LHS......
Have I got a story for you!

I broke my turntables when I moved into my apartment so I went to wal mart to buy a soldering gun. Well we found 2 crap ones in the tools section and 1 in the auto section which was also crap. So I went to ask the employee at the sports section if they had any others.

Me, "You guys got any soldering guns?"

Wal Mart Employee, "Nope, we just ran out today but we'll have more next Monday."

Me, "Thats weird, I just found 3 in the store...."

Wal Mart Employee, "Then why the #uck did you ask?"

Me, "Nevermind then!"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.