Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

jerobee car

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 12:25 AM
benleert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jerobee car

can anybody give me some info on a car i acquired?
it says its a jerobee on the bottom of the chassis and it has a cox engine in it. the engine doesn't have a glow plug in it it just has this little node sticking out. this car looks pretty old. it also has the serial number hand written on both the car and the controller. the electronic board in the controller is broken also, can this be fixed?
Old 01-10-2003, 02:05 AM
Krusty

Default jerobee car

The Cox engine in your Jerobee does have a glowplug. Cox refers to it as a "glowhead" which is a one piece head/glowplug combination. With a special wrench (readily available from LHS) you are able to remove the glowhead and replace it as needed. BTW, the engine size is an .049. A .12 is about two and a half times larger than the .049.
Old 01-13-2003, 05:45 AM
kyokai2

Default jerobee car

I had one of those back in the middle 70s when I was a kid, it had the 049 engine with a pullstart (metal chord) and had a blue dodge challenger body. The glow head did tend to last quite a long time so all you need to do is hook a battery up to it like todays r/c cars. That car you have is a collector, you should hold on to it and fix it up you could probably get some good coin for it. Hey, could you post some pictures of the car, it would bring back some good old memories. Thanks.
Old 01-13-2003, 11:20 PM
Krusty

Default jerobee car

Kyokai2,
There are several Jerobee cars and photos on ebay. Just the thing for your trip down "memory lane".
Old 02-19-2003, 04:39 AM
Tuna

Default jerobee car

I've just started a page to help collect information obout JoMac / Jerobee cars and memerobilia. Check out www.Jerobee.com for more information!
Old 02-20-2003, 12:15 AM
jerniganrx7

Default jerobee, wow

that little car is a great collectable the parts can be fixed, i always wanted one, definitely a car to hold on to i seem kthem on auction shows fetch some incredible numbers, especially once restored
Old 03-01-2003, 09:51 PM
Dustydodge

Default jerobee car

I have a box full of jerobee parts and motors, no bodies. If your interested, send me an email.

Dick
Old 03-01-2003, 10:17 PM
jerniganrx7

Default jerobee car

If you had a complete car with the body i may be of interest.

thanks, jerni