Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Servo twitching

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 06:39 AM
kb1200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo twitching

So i have a servo lying around which is stronger than the stock traxxas servo but i have encountered a problem. Whenever i plug that steering servo into the receiver box, the throttle servo starts to twitch a bit. Sometimes it spazzes a lot and most of the time it just twitches about. It is a sanwa servo and a traxxas receiver box. Does anyone know the problem? This is concerning me because i am planning on using an airtronics m11 radio and receiver with futaba servos and am hoping this isnt going to happen. Anyone know whats going on? Thanks.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:17 AM
happywing

Default RE: Servo twitching

Could be just a bad servo. Sometimes if you're antenna is too close to your receiver you will get some twitching. Have you tried backing away several feet? Your Airtronics system with Futaba servos will be great together.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:31 AM
kb1200

Yea the servo is pretty old and i think it was pretty cheap but its really old so that could be it. Thanks for that, ill just get a new servo.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:19 AM
happywing

Ya, I've had servos get jumpy for no reason. I just plugged a different servo in and everything was fine. I've had this problem happen a couple of times with the Traxxas 2055 servo.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:05 PM
tmaxx mike

I have a Traxxas T-maxx and I have been having this problem too. Whenever I turn my steering, the throttle servo twitches. Bad steering servo? Bad Throttle servo? Is there a metal to metal interferance?[sm=confused.gif]
Old 11-06-2006, 10:43 PM
smaxx3.3

i have a s-maxx and my throttle servo does the same thing.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:03 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Servos will buzz, humm, and twitch for a variety of reasons. The primary cause is binding linkages. Be sure to always check your linkages and adjust them accodingly such that the linkages operate smoothly. Whenever you wreck, always check the linkages to make sure they are not bent out of proper shape.

Another cause for servo twitching and buzzing is wiring. Make sure the wires are not frayed. Also, always make sure the wires are all plugged in snuggly and properly.

Interferance is a major cause of your electronics acting up. If you are ezperincing ezcessive interferance, make sure your electronics are not operating on the same channel that somone else is on. Also, make sure you are on a legal bandwidth for the country you are in.

Yet another cause of interferance is electrical induction from carbon fiber parts. This might sound silly, but carbon fiber has millions of carbon nano tubes and Buckminsterflourene spheres ("Bucky balls") in them. No, the RC industry has not mastered nanotechnology, the nanotubes and Bucky balls occur naturally. Anyways, the nonotubes will begin to flow electricy as servo and batt wires in their prozimity are flowing electricity. The flow of electricity through the nanotubes (assuming their are enough of them aligned in a given direction) will in turn emit an EM field also, that could interfere with proper radio operation. These usually take the form of servo twitching and humming.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

I thought servo humming was normal? I have a warhead a xxx-nt and a crawler and they all humm? They only humm when I turn and let the steering go back to normal though?