Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
 What do you think about Traxxas's products? >

What do you think about Traxxas's products?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
The Jato is a great puchase, it's awesome and worth every penny.
37.50%
The Jato is fair, somewhat a lemon but worth buying.
25.00%
The Jato is of poor quality, it is a lemon and overpriced.
8.93%
I suggest a different car.
28.57%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

What do you think about Traxxas's products?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 11:54 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What do you think about Traxxas's products?

ORIGINAL: stovepipe

I started out with Traxxas and buying more each week. Ok so it breaks this and that but don't all cars get###'d up? They're all made of plastic and plastic will break at some event as with aluminum and steel as well. The Traxxas engine in my opinion is the ultimate. My first car was the Nitro Rustler brand new out of the box. I ran that car in the back yard and on road in parking lots for over a year now.Just last week I rebuilt it with a new jug and piston. Now check this out---- AFTER FOUR GALLONS OF FUEL. And YES the easy start is great also. I'm an old geezer and have pulled to many engines,too many times.
No not all trucks are as easy to break as others.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:34 PM

personally i love traxxas, parts are durabul and low priced, i like the 2.5 and 3.3, i find them VERY easy to tune, thay have a great motor exchange program, and tons of hop-ups. i have had no problems with any traxxas motor, my 2.5 now drowned(thanks to me not chargeing batteries) and i thought what a great reason to get a 3.3. that was 4 extremly hard run gallons ago and is still running strong. i can still get a jato off the line intil it shifts into 2nd.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:36 AM
Banned

Oh well I ended up buying the Muggy. It's sitting in front of me right now, by the window, next to my computer monitor, it stands motionless covered in shiny metal plates and chassis reinforcements sandwiched between a layer of plastic, the cooling head of it's 4.27cc engine is glimmering in the watery moonlight. It grows more menacing and frightening every time I look at it. It silently begs for fuel and attention, I can almost hear it dreaming about mutilating hordes of bleeding and wounded Jatos with a mighty onslaught of terror. -OK I'm starting to creep myself out, I think those nitro fumes have gone to my head. That, or it's midnight and I don't have any humanities essays to write because my humanities teacher was gone today, maybe he kicked the bucket. All my teachers look like they have one foot in the grave, my humanities teacher is already in the grave he just doesn't know he's dead yet. Anyways I'm really happy with my purchase buying the Muggy and I am very happy I didn't buy the Jato. The Muggy has been operating beautifully and I'm almost done with the break in process which has been going smoothly. I was also wondering, does nitro smell before its been burned? I have been using Odonnels full synthetic 20%, it must be unscented, I know it's not dyed I wish it were scented because I think it's fumigating me and I don't even know it.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:48 PM
My Feedback: (28)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Revo is a blast.[8D]