Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC shoppings site's reliability

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 11:23 PM
TunedFlow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC shoppings site's reliability

Hey I was just wondering how reliable sites like rc-mushroom and rcmart are in terms of pricing they're cheaper which is what's drawing to them but does anyone know how reliable the shipments are as opposed to Towerhobbies seeing how these sites are based out of Hong Kong.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:50 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

Default RE: RC shoppings site's reliability

I have bought a lot from Dinball [RC Mart] . I have always been happy with him . I probly have had 25-30 transactions with him and all have been great . I normall get things with in a week or week and a half and shipping is fairly cheap for coming from Hong Kong .
Old 09-30-2006, 08:21 AM
tashspop
My Feedback: (1)

i've also bought from rcmart and it went great. never tried rc mushroom though
Old 09-30-2006, 04:45 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

With rcmart they charge a steep fee for using a credit card and I have had problems with them not in getting my item but what the total is. I never know for sure until my credit card gets charged as if I check my account on there site I get devotions on the total. All so after buying they have never been real good at returning emails. All so if you look on their stuff on ebay the say USA but if you read the fine print it says item in China. Kind of deceiving.
Old 09-30-2006, 07:02 PM
TunedFlow

Thanks for the input. Another thing though I live in the caribbean so that's why I'm a little skeptical about using a site other than Tower. Also has anyone else had problems with the total of their purchases and how safe are these site with credit card info?
Old 09-30-2006, 07:50 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

I`ve used credit cards and Paypal . RCMart always had good comunication with me along with a reciept in the box .
Old 10-01-2006, 03:19 AM
rcxboy

Nothing but good to say about RCMart. Factory error in my kit, i take a few photos (tire was ripped/torn) and they send another over, without me having to send the proper one back. I'm sure other places would have demanded the damaged part be sent back before sending another, probably taking a few weeks to get over with.

Price might be a little more than other stores, but hey, you get what you pay for. My stuff arrived on the first day of the ETA...

Personally i wouldn't shop from anywhere where the owner can't be bothered to have a custom layout, rather a template with some logos (to rcmushroom)