Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Need some tips and help

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 12:31 AM
AH Van

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some tips and help

alright well i am planning on building a gas RC car for my senior project and i was seeing if you could build one from scratch and not have to buy a kit. like buy the chassis and frame then the motor and etc. also how much would it run around? anything would be helpful since this is my first time.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:43 AM
125cchyperman

Default RE: Need some tips and help

Yeah you could but in the end it's going to cost more buying it piece by piece. Thats why some people when they sell there rc's they part it out because they get more money from it that way. But yeah you can certainly do that if you want. As in for the price it depends on what you get. It could cost anywhere from $300 to $1,300 or more, it all depends on what you want. you could easily spend a grand on these cars it just depends on what you want. Do you want a Sudan, MT, ST, Truggy, Mini and the Scale also matters.

Tell us what you want and how spiffy you want it and we can tell you about what it will cost you. If you just want plastic parts and the most simple of things then it will cost less. If you want carbon fiber, graphite and things of that nature then it will cost a lot more.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:59 AM
AH Van

well im tryign to build the 1/10 scales im not sure which kind of model but i think the minis like a skyline or something. you can tell im new to this. and im tryign to go for a 4wd one. im trying to keep my budget aroudn 400 if possible. and thank you again for the help
Old 10-12-2006, 08:02 AM
Nitro212

why not buy a kit and assemble it ur self? wont it be the same instead of looking for parts ull save all that time and still will be able to build it and learn from it.. sorry just my 2 cents
Old 10-12-2006, 02:18 PM
mattnin

Tough senior project...

Why would you waste your senior project on an R/C car build, instead of something of actual value that you can put on a resume? There is nothing tough about building something from a kit or from off the shelf parts, however there is something to be said of something fabricated.

Is this a college senior project? Or high school?
Old 10-12-2006, 04:30 PM
AH Van

high school
Old 10-12-2006, 05:13 PM
125cchyperman

Dont worry I had to do a senior project as most states now require to do some type of project before graduating. I have seen people do a ot worse from other schools. Unforunately we had the toughest senior project in the state so we had to do a lot.

But anyways a rc car would be a good senior project. Personally if I had to do it over again and if I was going to do rc as the project I would build a awesome brushless carbon fiber Mini-T. Those things are just awesome, and they can absolutely fly if built right.