Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

whats the diference between these servos ( help problem with the servos turns backwords)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

whats the diference between these servos ( help problem with the servos turns backwords)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Nitro212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the diference between these servos ( help problem with the servos turns backwords)

I got this spektrum DX3 DSM 3CH PISTOL and it brings 2 servos

# Z270 Standard Race Servo
# Z590 Hi-Torque Race Servo

what are the diference? which one can i use for steering? or are they both for the break/accelerate ?
Old 10-12-2006, 10:48 AM
SManMTB

Default RE: whats the diference between race servo and high torque?

The 590 can be used for steering. I did for a while and it works but it's not the best. I use it for throttle now.
The 270 is weak but works for throttle duty. I used to use it but tossed it.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:01 AM
Nitro212

which one i can get thats good for steering? (i mean to buy)
Old 10-12-2006, 01:47 PM
happywing

There are many choices.
If you're putting it in a 1/10, you want 100 oz/in or more of torque and .15 or better speed.
1/8 buggies and monster trucks need more. 150 oz torque and .15 or better speed is good.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Nitro212

im having problems with it though for my car when i presss the break/acelerator it turns the other one let me rephrase ( sorry my main language is spanish ) my old servo and controller works fine right but when i use the new ones it turns backwords in my old controller its easy to change but in the spektrum sicne is digital no idea i been reading the manual but not sure the name of that function any ideas?
Old 10-12-2006, 09:26 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: whats the diference between these servos ( help problem with the servos turns backwords)

The function is called a reverse switch. Just find that in the manual the instructions for reversing the servos. On the controller, the switch will be marked "rev." or "rev. switch" or "servo rev." etc. I don't own a Spektrum DX3 so I am not sure how it is exactly marked on your radio. Hope this helps.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:48 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: whats the diference between these servos ( help problem with the servos turns backwords)

Turn on your DX3 and push the mode button 5 times then push the channel button till the servo you want to reverse comes up on the display.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:00 AM
Nitro212

ThankYou Guys very much got it working