Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

hpi savage with hot bodys engine probblem

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

hpi savage with hot bodys engine probblem

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 10:10 AM
shaggy11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hpi savage with hot bodys engine probblem

please can some one help me.I have a savage 25 that i bought second hand which i blow up the engine.I have replaced it with a NEW Hot Bodys 26 engine and a 47t spur gear 17t clutch bell and a three shoe aluminum clutch.The diffs have all been upgraded and a CPV tuned pie.I have run the engine in by the book and had about 12 tanks of fuel through it now.The engine has no power for what is supposed to be a 4.26. My old engine was a HPI 3.1 and was much Superior to this one. I have been using nitro engines for the last 12 years and no novice to tuning engines but this thing is just so disappointing.I would have thought that this should have been a wheelie machine with this set up. Has any one had any experience with this engine ???. It seem to be more like a 15 size engine.can some one please give me some hints as to what could be wrong with it .
Old 10-16-2006, 09:50 AM
Philster

Default RE: hpi savage with hot bodys engine probblem

Not a great engine.

What was the spur and pinion combo before?
Old 10-17-2006, 04:35 PM
shaggy11

i had a HPI 3.1 engine when i bought it and a 13t cb with 52 spure gear on it
Old 10-18-2006, 03:19 PM
Philster

I think I'd get back to the 13t c/b and 52 tooth spur gear and then make a determination. The combo you jumped to (17/47) is going to demand a strong bottom end powerband from the engine. I'm not exactly excited with the engine you mentioned, so I'd make an educated guess and say it lacks the low-end punch needed to move the heavy Savage with that gearing.

If you had a kickass motor, the combo would have been fine, and yielded some more MPH.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:27 AM
shaggy11

well i have get the engine tuned now by using the old carb from my HPI engin and changed to a 15T cb and a 49t spur and it is much better on the take off the front wheels all but leave the floor now after ticking over for about 40 seconds i hit the throtle and off she gose with no hesatation at all