Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Anyway to reduce noise?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 04:56 PM
Splinterwelsh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyway to reduce noise?

Hi all, just wonderin if theres anyway to reduce the noise of my hyper 7??

Thanks all
Old 10-14-2006, 05:06 PM
-Inverted-

Default RE: Anyway to reduce noise?

Yep.

Convert it to electric.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:01 PM
125cchyperman

Nope sorry. You could go electric but thats the only way your going to get it less noise.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

put on earmuffs
Old 10-14-2006, 07:29 PM
rcxboy

Just buy a plane radio (long range) and use some binoculars.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:52 PM
hands without shadows

Well there is one way, but you cant buy it, and it doesnt exist http://www.unbelievablerc.com/detail.php?pid=10
Old 10-14-2006, 07:55 PM
carmatic1

ORIGINAL: rcxboy

Just buy a plane radio

wont that get you into serious trouble if you get caught tho, like using the wrong frequency
besides the range only applies if theres a direct line of sight away from the ground, i.e. planes, for cars it wouldnt make any difference

someone on my msn actually made a muffler for a Marder car of his, and apparently that actually helped the noise but not sure if the car's gonna go as fast anymore... i forgot the details too, but it was something quite simple, like a tin can with random holes or something along those lines...
Old 10-14-2006, 10:58 PM
rcxboy

You kill all performance when you mess with the exhaust and muffler system to silence it.

Meh, i just said plane radio because they have huge range. There are no FCC law which says you cant use a plane radio for ground use, people have used them for their trailer trucks and f350s. Spektrum claims 2km range, at which noise wouldn't be much at all.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:14 PM
-whitey-

whats wrong with noise ya sissy lol is it angry neibors ? cause thats my problem too cops coming to my door at 10 oclock a night cause i wanted to test my three speed tranny an hour earlyer.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:35 AM
Rs43EVOman

ORIGINAL: whitey�

whats wrong with noise ya sissy lol is it angry neibors ? cause thats my problem too cops coming to my door at 10 oclock a night cause i wanted to test my three speed tranny an hour earlyer.
Ok if your not gonna use common sene and run your car at 10 at night you desirve to get in trouble. At least be considerate of your neighbors. I can say that in 4 years running just about every where (from in front of my house to public parks, and private property construction sites) ive never gotten in any trouble. Im willing to bet if you dont run your car after 8 pm youll never gonna get in trouble. Yes you could probably go a little later, but why be an *******
Old 10-15-2006, 12:22 PM
Evader ---> MGT

I haven't gotten into any trouble either. Yeah, 8 is the latest for me. At 10:00 I'd be pissed to.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:27 PM
AznBash3r
My Feedback: (1)

[link=http://froogle.google.com/froogle_url?q=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p%3F%26I%3DLXFKM5%26P%3DFR&fr=AOwimU946GAaUlZ4DvRuWertsGSa8Za_fJEyZ-tNeLZ6AAAAAAAAAAA&gl=us&hl=en]This[/link] should reduce the noise down almost to obselete. you wont even hear a thing. to test it out, before you start the engine, stick your ear next to the stinger, then start. its like a dream come true!
Old 10-15-2006, 04:11 PM
-whitey-

the guy calles the cops everychance he gets never said a word to me just calles the cops hes too scared to say anything to me he even calles the cops on electric rc cars hes such an ***** he gets mad when i play hockey outside he doesent whant kids on the street thats why.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:22 PM
carmatic1

yeah but thats his problem, not yours... besides, theres gotta be a better way of running your car (somewhere far away with lots of space etc), your neighbour calls the cops when you play hockey so theres really no point in trying to piss him off further running your car, like do you have a basement in your house or something cuz that could come in handy for testing your engines...
Old 10-15-2006, 06:18 PM
-whitey-

i dont drive on my street fore more than five minutes its just to tune then drive it to a park around the block. id stop if he would be a man and tell me that its to loud and ask me to keep the noise down instead of just calling the cops and not saying anything.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:16 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I did not think you could keep your Savage running long enough to upset someone whitey�
Old 10-16-2006, 04:37 PM
-whitey-

it takes more than one tank to break it besides it only takes 5 min to make him call the cops.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:59 PM
-Inverted-

As long as your not disobeying dB laws I suggest some one mention to him he has no right to report you, after all I highly doubt your doing anything wrong.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:16 PM
-whitey-

actualy the cops said to drive it on the other side of the street plus tjhe cops couldnt even prove it was me . the next day i went to the police station and explaind they said it can be anoying but im not breaking any laws . the guy's just a jerk.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:25 PM
J_D

build a secondary muffler onto ur pipe.

i made this one on my 1/5th, its a copper pipe with lots of holes drilled in it, and then placed in a can with steel wool, this is on a 1/5th, but i'm sure u could make a smaller one to fit on ur hyper 7... it works.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...er003Large.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...er004Large.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...er007Large.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...er005Large.jpg
Old 10-16-2006, 08:06 PM
boltech

you know what.. run your car.. your neighbour has no right to try to control your life.. it's a public street and you are free to do as you wish..

here is what I would do.. run you car on a day when you know he's home.. when the cops arrive ask them to take you to the residence of the person who issued the complaint so you can sort this out once and for all. during which time you let him know the street is public and for everyone, and that you will respect the noise laws and not run your truck past 8pm or early in the morning. also let him know that he is better off with a teenager who is interested in RC's, than a teenager who is bored and interested in the contents of his home. that should shut him up and i'm pretty sure the cops will back you up on that one.

-or-

If you are a member of the older RC elite, then forget all that I said. and tell him to go [X(] himself!

ORIGINAL: whitey?

actualy the cops said to drive it on the other side of the street plus tjhe cops couldnt even prove it was me . the next day i went to the police station and explaind they said it can be anoying but im not breaking any laws . the guy's just a jerk.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:42 PM
125cchyperman

Actually if you wanted you could file a complaint about him. There was a guy who used to burn trash outside of his house, and every time he did an elderly woman would call the fire department and they would have to show up and the cops would have to show up even though it's a controlled burn. This would annoy a lot of people considering the fire department would have to go with lights and sirens and rush there just to find that it's another controlled burn. After several times the guy got sick of this and when she called the cops he filed a complaint against her. It's actually a form of harassment and they can get in trouble if they continue to do this. But you have to tell that person that you are breaking no laws and you wish that he would stop. After you tell him to stop if he does it again then it's harassment and you can get him in trouble if you so wish to. Now again this is up in pennsylvania and this is how it works in our townhip. Your's may be different but I'm sure you could say something to him and kinda scare him out of it.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:27 PM
J_D

those are some pretty selfish things to say. and threating to rob them is not going to get u anywhere either.

you should respect ur neighbors, how do u know that someone up the road doesnt have a new born baby trying to sleep.

take ur RC to an oval, or open carpark, its not that hard.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:19 PM
-whitey-

i do but im not gonna let him rule my life cause he wants the street to be like a cementary also i drive on his side of the street (theres a bend in my street so theres two sides)because the neighbor on the other side has a newborn baby .plus hes going to get a surprise this halloween[>:] hehehe just kidding or not.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:43 PM
carmatic1

so there really is a newborn baby on your street?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.