Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

savage x

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 04:24 AM
Laurence Kemsley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage x

I am planing to buy a new savage x , and i just want to know is it a good choice for me. I want a car that can go off road and can drive on the beach with out doing eney damage to the car. So can eney one tell me how well these trucks go?
Old 10-15-2006, 10:34 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: savage x

I suggest you get the X SS kit and not the RTR box set. I say this because the X SS kit has fixed alot of problems people were having with the X RTR. HPI went to great efforts to upgrade and bullit proff the Savage X and theey have just about done so wuth the X SS kit.

When you get the X SS kit, you will need to get a radio and servos. This is beacause the X ss kit does not include any electronics.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:56 AM
rcsavager

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

I suggest you get the X SS kit and not the RTR box set. I say this because the X SS kit has fixed alot of problems people were having with the X RTR. HPI went to great efforts to upgrade and bullit proff the Savage X and theey have just about done so wuth the X SS kit.

When you get the X SS kit, you will need to get a radio and servos. This is beacause the X ss kit does not include any electronics.
Doesn't come with an engine either. Although I'd hazard a suggestion for an Axial .32 Spec 1 for it. All those shiny new parts need to be BEATEN!!!

To answer your question, the Savage will do more and live through **** you never thought possible in the R/C world. If all you want is a "general" beater then this thing will go WAY beyond the call of duty. Imagine us nuts doing 10-foot jumps. Think we'd rally to a little POS to satisfy our suicidal tendencies? Long live the HPI Savage and those that BEAT their truck like step-children with a smart mouth.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:14 AM
SpikeX

I have the RTR version, and I love it. It is strong, and the only thing I have broken so far is the Underhead (#1448), which was my fault. It is powerful, torquey, and fun to drive.

BUT BEWARE, NEARLY EVERYONE WHO OWNS IT HATES IT AND SAY IT BREAKS ALL THE TIME, so I think I am just one of the lucky few who have one that works properly.

By the way, rcsavager, the SS kit DOES come with an engine - the Nitro Star K4.6.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:57 AM
rcsavager

ORIGINAL: SpikeX

By the way, rcsavager, the SS kit DOES come with an engine - the Nitro Star K4.6.
I figured that one out about 5 minutes after I posted but figured somebody'd point out my goof up bro. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:05 AM
Laurence Kemsley

Thanks for all your comments. But i really want to know how hard can you really push the savage and if you do what parts do you expect to brake? and can you run it on soft sand like beach sand or would that just be stupid and mess up the engine?
Old 10-17-2006, 09:49 AM
rcsavager

You can beat the living **** out of it all you want. Just like anything else in the world, it will require maintenance. What you do with it and where you drive it will require more/less of it. You can pound on it any place but water pretty much (without protecting the electronics from moisture). Sand won't bother it too much but keep an eye on the spur gear mostly. Keep the air filter clean and give your truck the once-over every time you take it out. Nothing is indestructable but a Savage can take that beach by storm and make you look good doing it. (Provided you can drive it :P) IMHO, the Savage was built with MUCH more than a beach in mind so you'll never hurt it really. (small jumps, soft landings, etc) I've run mine in grass, dirt, rock, mud, snow and sand. It still lives and will rip your RTR or "stocker" a new one. I wish you nothing but the best and happy hobbying.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:55 AM
Laurence Kemsley

Shot dod, i think i will go out and buy as soon as i can. Thanks for all your comments.