Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Project: ONE BAD MENACE

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Brent07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project: ONE BAD MENACE

I am currently in the process of making the worldest fastest 1/10 scale stadium truck and i am starting with my Schumacher Menace. Right now the truck is completely stock, and in stock form it already comes with a 3 spd auto tranny and belt driven 4wd, this truck is advertised to reach speeds in excess of 70mph. My plan is to fit either a Peak perfomance diablo .28 or the Associated LRP Z.28R Spec 3 into the truck. The truck in stock form weighs just over 5 pounds. The stock gearing should be fine for this application considering it would take a long distance for the truck to reach 70 with the stock thunder tiger .21. What do you guys think? This truck will purely be built up to beat my friends cars and to have bragging rights over all of them . I am thinking of speeds in the excess of 80 mph maybe 85, i really don't know.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:50 PM
Brent07

Default RE: Project: ONE BAD MENACE

Instead of the diablo i meant to say STS racing's .28 with 3.6hp.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:32 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

I think it's advertised at 70kmh...big difference. 85 seems kinda steep but I'm sure it's possible!
Old 10-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Brent07

Its 70mph a stock was clocked at 73 with a gps unit.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:01 PM
-whitey-

i dont know much about other trucks besides savvys and jatos but a guy built a savage that whent 51mph but it wieghd over 13pounds if ur say that ur truck weighs over 5pounds the sts .28 should be plenty to get it going i think it wont be to much trouble to get it going fast just needs some super light parts and a good pipe/motor good tires a high flow airfilter actualy if its just for the street and for high speed runs i wouldent worry about how well it filters air and just make it so i can breathe with no restriction whatsoever u could definetly help .
Old 10-18-2006, 08:03 PM
-whitey-

i dont think it was 70 mph could u show where u got the info?
ORIGINAL: Brent07
Its 70mph a stock was clocked at 73 with a gps unit.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:15 PM
-Inverted-

If you want to make the fastest 1/10 ST you better convert it to electric.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:18 PM
Brent07

http://www.nitrorc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11741 The car is all over the internet search for it, its the fastest rtr stadium truck ever built. And the truck is staying nitro, no electrics here.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Mopzilla

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to keep the gearing stock, then not having enough hp is not the problem. Those .26+ engines generally have a bad top-end.. Look at any serious .21 and you will find that its rpm rating is many k's more than a monster hp truck engine. In addition, the peak hp of truck engines is usually at a lower rpm than the peak hp of an onroad engine. The key to going fast has more to do with rpm under load than peak hp.

If you decide to change your gearing at all, then you can see which engine can produce more power at peak (hp*rpm) and gear it to that engine, but I don't think you have enough gearing options for a 3-speed.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:49 PM
Brent07

Yeah i was considering that i know that the diablo has a peak rpm of 42,500 rpm at 2.85hp where as the lrp has 33,000 rpm at 3.81hp.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:59 PM
Brent07

What would be the best .21 for my application? It must be a pull start or drill start there is no way to start the truck with a starter box. So what is the best .21 (highest hp and highest rpm range) for the money.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:21 PM
osteologation

RCCA clocked the menace at 67 or 68 MPH I think. Go to beatyourtruck.com and there are a few videos of the menace. Incredibly fast.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:09 AM
Mopzilla

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Brent07

What would be the best .21 for my application? It must be a pull start or drill start there is no way to start the truck with a starter box. So what is the best .21 (highest hp and highest rpm range) for the money.
That's probably a typo, the .28 diablo probably only goes to 33k instead of 43k rpm... that is pushing it even for high performance .21's. Does it say what rpm the 2.8hp is at? I haven't seen racing engines with pullstarts or drill starts..

Try to see if you can find the specs for the Ofna Hyper .21 8-Port pullstart engine. I don't have a menace but see if you can get the flywheel down somehow, without getting in the way of the belt. There's GOTTA be a way to use a starter box!!

also, upgrade to the tall gearing or use the gearing and pulleys from the fusion (if you put truck tires on a fusion it will fly..), and use taller truck foam tires. Port the engine you have or will get. Get a fuel with higher nitro. grind out the carb if there are any restrictions. Tune your pipe to your engine. There is tons of stuff you can do other than just buying a new engine.