Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

wow this is fast!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 06:15 AM
evo-racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wow this is fast!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was looking on the internet and i found this vidieo i dnt know who it is but the car gose 200+ check it out,

http://sjl-static7.sjl.youtube.com/vi/e1YYfwaiQBA/2.jpg
Old 10-25-2006, 06:16 AM
evo-racer

Default RE: wow this is fast!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOPS dnt think i needed to make a new thread for it....#

what do u think of it?
[&:]
Old 10-25-2006, 08:07 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Uh... This is just a pic of the tether track.

Anyways, I saw the vid on Savage Central and on one of the RC magazine sites. I am wondering what kind of gearing these guys had to use. The gears must by so high that this is the reason why the guy had to give it a running start with the string.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:07 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

It's a tether car...not an rc at all.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:53 PM
Nathan9492

its a fake, well i think it is, watch about half way throught that video, and u can see a bird flying about 10 times faster then it normally would
Old 10-25-2006, 08:47 PM
Dudelive

I think those are gnats flying around between the camera and the track and when zoomed in they appear to be birds.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:09 PM
Frank88888888

OMG!!!!!!! not again[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]im almost shur this vid is on a schedule every like 1-2 month a thread about it is made
Old 10-25-2006, 09:16 PM
hands without shadows

And people always say its fake cause te birds are so fast.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:54 PM
125cchyperman

ORIGINAL: Frank88888888

OMG!!!!!!! not again[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]im almost shur this vid is on a schedule every like 1-2 month a thread about it is made
Yeah I know how you feel. I trully do think now that it is on a 1-2 month rotation basis. As for the vid being authentic I dont know and I dont particularly care if it's real or not. Teather cars can reach those speeds so what does it matter if that vid is authentc or not.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:00 AM
Rs43EVOman

Guys this video is 100% authentic. Its been posted every 1-2months for probably a good year.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:03 AM
ry5no2

If you look the flag is blowing perfectly normal, you would need some serious editing to speed something up while everything else is normal, and a lot of time variables get in the way,

I think its real anyway, if not then it sure is quite professional editing

Thanks
Ryan
Old 10-26-2006, 07:14 AM
gt5500

How hard can it be to make something go that fast when its tied to a string and just going in circles? at the end of the day its just a missile on a string the only major things that need to be considered are aerodynamics and gearing. It doesn't need to handle, it doesn't need to be super light as it can spend all day accelerating and never run out of road, it doesn't need to steer it needs only the minimum of traction as it gets a rolling start with such high gearing its hardly going to break traction. I am not saying its a breeze to make one but its no where near as hard as building a 100mph+ R/C car (with steering)
Old 10-26-2006, 07:58 AM
SAVAGEJIM

I totally agree here. I would truely be impressed if the care were an actutal RC. Now, a Savage going 200MPH? Then I would be really impressed. Toy car on a tether? No biggie at all.

I'll wait for the 2 months, and when this topic reappears on the very same vid, I'll say the same thing again.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:58 AM
125cchyperman

As for the editing needed to be done, You by no means need to have professional equipment. You could do this from your computer. We did something almost similar in school with our school news in the morining. You really only need to know what to do to accomplish this.

I mean if this is unreal or edited, (which I dont car if it is or not) they already slowed the flag but raised the speed of the car right. Maybe they wanted to see if people would catch on so they raised the speed of the bird's in the back ground also. It's no different then raising the speed of the car or slowing the movement of the flag. It's all the same basic's that are used so no real professional equipment needed. you just have to know what your doing to accomplish this. Now dont ask me do do it as I kinda just sat back and wateched our group do it, but I did know enough that you dont need proffesional equipment or have professional equipment because our school's cheap (besides when it comes to football and our football stadium).

I might even do what savagejim said, but instead of just typing the same things just copy and paste it.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:00 AM
153stars

alot of these guys still running these are the ones who ADVANCED 2 stroke before most of us were born. The Gs these pull will crush a aluminium pipe that why they use steel. NO NITRO THEY ALL USE SAME METHENOL OUT OF SAME TANK.Any one who says it would be easy to build is so full of it. Do you see a tether kit on tower hobbies.The only thing you built was probally a kit designed by team of engineers .Air drag really kicks in at at around 90 mph. The guys running tether anything could put in years to get another 10mph it's just dedication to another part of 2 stroke you just don't understand.Tether was the egg RC is the chicken.We have all benifited from this passion with better motors,pipes,ect
Old 10-29-2006, 12:27 AM
125cchyperman

ORIGINAL: 153stars

alot of these guys still running these are the ones who ADVANCED 2 stroke before most of us were born. The Gs these pull will crush a aluminium pipe that why they use steel. NO NITRO THEY ALL USE SAME METHENOL OUT OF SAME TANK.Any one who says it would be easy to build is so full of it. Do you see a tether kit on tower hobbies.The only thing you built was probally a kit designed by team of engineers .Air drag really kicks in at at around 90 mph. The guys running tether anything could put in years to get another 10mph it's just dedication to another part of 2 stroke you just don't understand.Tether was the egg RC is the chicken.We have all benifited from this passion with better motors,pipes,ect
There are several things that I would like to say here. I am a metal fabricator and I know that aluminum can be just as strong if not much stronger then steel. So your statment about the alumiunum being to weak is false. I find the part that there using no nitromethane at all just alcohol to be very hard to believe. Did you ever see a nitro engine run without nitro in it and just alcohol the power is dramastically decreased as nitro is a huge part in power for these engine's. Thats why if people want more power they go from 10% to 20% nitro or 20% to 30% nitro. As for a tether kit not being on tower's, tower's does not supply every kit or rtr on the face of this earth. Plus there has to be demand for the product for them to sell it and I dontt tink there is enough demand for it.

As for the air drag part, Aerodynamics plays a huge part at any speeds. Not just 90mph, and the 2 stroke through out the years has been taken to new levels. I think company's have taken it farther then any one person has. I'm not saying that a certain person has not done a lot to take us further in this sport but saying that company's do a heck of a lot for this sport. By the way tether cars have been around for a very long time. They had tether cars back in the 30's that used 2 stroke engine's. Now they ran in a straight lines and did not go nearly as fast and where very simple in design. Infact I have a 2 stroke engint that was my dad's when he drove rc cars, and planes and my dad is now 45 and he had them when he was a child. As for the passion I think we all have a passion that drives this hobby to further heights everyday.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:51 AM
dickdom

How hard can it be to make something go that fast when its tied to a string and just going in circles? at the end of the day its just a missile on a string the only major things that need to be considered are aerodynamics and gearing. It doesn't need to handle, it doesn't need to be super light as it can spend all day accelerating and never run out of road, it doesn't need to steer it needs only the minimum of traction as it gets a rolling start with such high gearing its hardly going to break traction. I am not saying its a breeze to make one but its no where near as hard as building a 100mph+ R/C car (with steering)