Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

FIRE

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 06:26 PM
2fast2slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FIRE

Hey everyone,

Well i have a somewhat new Mach 427 that i put in my buggy, and i have only put about 8-10 tanks of gas. And i am just about finish tuning it. And i can tell that it is a little bit TOO powerful for it. Also i have a Savage 25, so i decide for the fun of it, i take the MAch 427 out of the buggy, and put it in the Savage. So i get the savage started then it cuts off, so i'm like ok, it must not be warmed up. So i start pulling the pull start and it won't start. So i keep pulling it, and out of now where i have a fire blow out of the exhaust, all most like i was starting a torch. So wat i do is take the fuel line that connect from the exhaust to the fuel tank off, and i start pull again, guessing that this will clear the exhaust out. And is does alittle but i still have a little fire blowing out. So then i take the main fuel line out. And it stops. So i put all the line back. And it starts up for a quick second then dies. So i try to start it again and i have fire blowing out again.

So can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?

Thanks alot,
Shawn
Old 10-27-2006, 06:29 PM
thedub88

Default RE: FIRE

THATS COOL!!!
I wish my car would shoot flames!!
Old 10-27-2006, 09:43 PM
-whitey-

i think its too rich. try leaning it out.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:01 PM
Wide Open

whitey could be right, but there could also be excess fuel in your exhaust pipe thats burning off. the problem is that i dont know how it would ignite[&:] although video would be cool, ive never seen an rc car catch on fire before
Old 10-28-2006, 11:37 AM
SAVAGEJIM

I too would love to see a vid of your 427 breathing fire! There have been dozens of threads on RCU asking just how to make flames come out of the ehaust. I'm pressty sure those guys would totally dig breathing flames just for the "Wow" factor of it.