Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Sprint 2 RTR

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 02:50 PM
SpikeX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sprint 2 RTR

Hey guys. A friend of mine would like to get the HPI Sprint 2 RTR. Is this a good model? He wants to use it on plain asphalt and DOES NOT want to take it to the track. Are there any weak parts on the Sprint 2, anything that should be upgraded right away? And how fast does it go? I see that it comes with a 1800mAh battery pack. Can he buy a 3600mAh battery pack to improve run time or will it overheat the motor? Also if you have any tips and tricks please tell me. This would be his first RC car.

I am also a novice in electric cars as I have a Savage.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:27 PM
SpikeX

Default RE: Sprint 2 RTR

Anyone?
Old 10-31-2006, 08:56 PM
thedub88

the higher the mah the longer the run time, just make sure it's the same voltage
Old 11-02-2006, 02:53 AM
phil3842

they are very good i just got 1. you can upgrade the chassis and all the usual stuff if u want, the first upgrade should be ABS tyres so you can drift. i run the 3600mah intellect and have no probs at all.its just like any other rc car it heaps up.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:13 AM
Flaming Tire

I just got one a week ago. Its a real good car. It goes about 20, but the stock battery is garbage compared to a good NIMH 3000 Mah battery. Ive heard people say that pebbels can get stuck in the belts, its happened to me once, but you can just pull it out and keep going. You'll also want a good charger. I haven't even touched the stock charger. I bought a Prophet Plus Quick charger for $40 and its great!

I haven't overheated the motor, but I think my ESC has gotten pretty hot a couple times so I just bought a cooling fan for it. Mine is also set up for drifting.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:46 PM
RCbamm
My Feedback: (10)

I'v been looking at the Sprint 2 Drift RTR AE86.... I want to know if it's a all up great drifter? I have 250$ spend and I really want the Yokomo 180 Drift Kit and then just work on getting the rest of the electronics. which one would be best for drifting? I think Yokomo is on the top right?
Old 01-10-2007, 08:12 AM
Josh_losi_type R

hey guys, well i just bought a sprint 2 myself, although i plan to race it not drift it i can give you some advice/tips.
i got mine on e-bay complete for $76.00 including postage from USA, i live in australia.
i've heard that the car itself is virtually invincable, besides the arms (which is the weakest component in all cars)
i have upgraded to a front one-way diff, and i highly recomend that, the cars are good for drift and racing, although the main downfall on the car is that the gearing is only limited to spur and pinion, not the diffs and those other things that the belts connect to, (if you know what they're called drop me a line).
umm also best to have a heat sink suitable to your motor.
but overall its a great car with many hop-ups but i reckon you guys don't need me to tell you that lol.

well thats all from me, the sprint man.
if you have any other Q's please feel free to ask because i have raced for about 5years, so i'll try my best.
cheers
Sprint Man
(Josh Howes)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94733.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	594838  
Old 01-10-2007, 01:42 PM
sk8terman11

i bought mine about a year and a half ago. which is probably impossible for you guys in the states. i live in germany were the nearest track is some good 400 miles away. if your friend plans on driving asphalt you should definataly upgrade the esc and motor they are pretty slow. I have carbon top deck front and rear suspension mountas in carbon and the small flywheel ring in carbon. I have a lrp runner plus reverse, and a 17x1 tornado ess and mine really hauls but yeah you need to gett a 3300 or higher battery pack for longher run times.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:08 PM
erictubig

i bought the sprint 2 rtr drift.....it's great out of the box. you definitely need to watch out for the rocks that can get stuck in the rear diff housing. all i did was take apart the rear assembly then took my dremmel and cut that round part of the housing off to expose the belt and diff. i had one rock get stuck and that's all it took...ate up my belt. the stock 19t motor is ok.. but deffinately get a new battery and a good charger. the stock 1800 is only good for about 10 mins of drifting maybe less for all around driving and speed.

so far i've upgraded to:

3600 Mah battery
mamba max 9t
softer springs
abs/pvc tires
spektrum dx3 w/ a z590 servo

this thing drifts great....
Old 02-07-2007, 02:36 AM
phil3842

if you want help check out this website. has alot of help and diy hopups for the spint 2.

http://www.drccentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54
Old 02-28-2007, 05:54 PM
Oscardms

If you guys don't want as many rocks to get caught in the rear belt, just simply cut out the back part where the rear differential sits. Real easy with a dremel.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:49 AM
jaskel

ORIGINAL: Oscardms

If you guys don't want as many rocks to get caught in the rear belt, just simply cut out the back part where the rear differential sits. Real easy with a dremel.

good idea, have you or anyone got a picture of this done??

I just ordered my sprint 2 and it should be here tomorrow.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:26 PM
jpvert

ORIGINAL: jaskel
good idea, have you or anyone got a picture of this done??
I just ordered my sprint 2 and it should be here tomorrow.

Credits to [link=http://www.drccentral.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=30]Sprinter[/link] on [link=http://www.drccentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54]drccentral.com[/link]
Old 03-04-2007, 07:17 PM
jaskel

ok sweet, thanks for that, it will be the first mod i do
Old 03-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Oscardms

Yup, it was my first mod and I honestly haven't had any problems with the belts. I drive my car in the street and my backyard and haven't had problems. The best thing is that it is a free mod.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:25 PM
jaskel

I have heard that it can leave your diff exposed if i hit it...
Old 03-14-2007, 11:33 PM
Makuku68

Has anyone put a brushless motor in theirs? I'm thinking of buying Novaks Brushless system for mine.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:51 AM
jaskel

for drifting brushless is useless...more wheelspin than grip and you will never win
Old 03-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Flaming Tire

Hold on. I recently put a brushless system in my Sprint 2 (The Mamba Max 5600Kv). Its awesome. You can program traction control, retard the timing, or change the throttle curve into it using the included software and the your tires won't spin at all. You can totally change every aspect of how the ESC and motor run. I thought it might be to much power, but I love it. I would recommened it to anyone.

Don't jump to conclusions if you don't know about the system....

Besides, can you ever have to much power if your a good driver?
Old 03-16-2007, 07:34 AM
jaskel

ORIGINAL: Flaming Tire

Hold on. I recently put a brushless system in my Sprint 2 (The Mamba Max 5600Kv). Its awesome. You can program traction control, retard the timing, or change the throttle curve into it using the included software and the your tires won't spin at all. You can totally change every aspect of how the ESC and motor run. I thought it might be to much power, but I love it. I would recommened it to anyone.

LOL are u for real?? we all dont want to spend 600 bucks on a motor/esc eh...

lets be realistic here.

For drift on poly tyres, brushless is way overkill.

Ive run brushless in my planes for years so I know all about brushless.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:12 PM
iexion

Brushlees will work but u would need to have better tires. Hpi Drift tires would work BC as a nitro guy, those tires even give traction to a nitro car. So those would go perfect for a brushless set up. But on the other hand. For the cost of any Elct car + a brushless motor and ESC combo + the cost of a TX/RX set up, you could just go nitro easy. I mean what does a elct car KIT go for now at the Hobbyshop now'a days $150+? and the cheapest brushless ive seen was $250 then a decent TX/RX combo 80+$ lets not forget batterys. i have no idea how much those would cost for a brushless setup but ill guess and say $60 including a charger.

... I guess after my ranting im just saying only go brushless if ur serious about it. Its a bit too costly just to be drifting with it. But Do not forget about RE-SALE Value
Old 03-18-2007, 11:24 AM
Oscardms

Hey guys, I also advise to upgrade to the one-way front differential. It makes breaking into a drift alot easier.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:43 AM
Flaming Tire

ORIGINAL: jaskel

ORIGINAL: Flaming Tire

LOL are u for real?? we all dont want to spend 600 bucks on a motor/esc eh...

lets be realistic here.

For drift on poly tyres, brushless is way overkill.

Ive run brushless in my planes for years so I know all about brushless.

Uhhh, $209 Mamba Max 5600Kv at my LHS
Includes motor, ESC, and software.

Where did you see a brushless kit for 600?
Old 03-20-2007, 02:52 PM
jaskel

im refering to a good one...and im talking AUD and not USD...does it matter?? is there a need to try to prove me wrong? I can buy a cell phone for 100 or one for 800, see what I mean..
Old 03-23-2007, 09:11 AM
Flaming Tire

600 bucks sounds american to me. There are really only two mass produced brushless systems for rc cars. Novak and Mamba Max. What are you referring to when you say a "Good" Brushless system?

Im not trying to prove you wrong, I was just wondering where you have seen a brushless system for 600 dollars (or what ever currency you use)

Its very realistic seeing how you can spend 600 dollars on the new OS Speed .21 nitro engine or a top quality nitro engine....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.