Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

clutch problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 03:06 PM
NitroRunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch problems

hey guys. Im having some troubles with my clutch, i think.. when i pull the engine over its trying to move, and theres a loud screeching, ive taken it all apart and i dont see any problems. I cleaned everything up and put it all back together and it seemed to be fine, but then it started doing it again. Again everything inside looks fine so im kind of stumped.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:03 PM
thedub88

Default RE: clutch problems

ya sounds like clutch to me, take the bell housing off the engine. Check to see if the clutch shoes are melted to the bell houseing, or if theres a spring around your clutch that is isn't broken
Old 10-29-2006, 07:37 PM
NitroRunner

ya I did and everything looks fine, sorry i forget to mention that its a jato, and when i pull it over, its locking up to early and the wheels are spinning.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:21 AM
thedub88

Could it be that your Idle is set to high? My car did the same at first untill I realized that the idle was set way to high, it was like I had the throttle at half!
Old 10-30-2006, 08:38 AM
nitromustang

When you rev the engine,and it winds out,does the spur gear spin?If your spur gear spins its not your clutch,its your differential .

Mike
Old 10-30-2006, 10:54 PM
NitroRunner

ok, when i pull the engine over, something screeches, the back tires try to spin, and yes the spur gear trys to spin, but its not a differential problem, because when i hade the spur gear off, and held my finger against the clutch bell it still made the screech
Old 10-31-2006, 08:32 AM
thedub88

You didn't say what car you have. 4wd? 2wd? If you have 4wd and only the rear wheels are spinning than it is your diff.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:47 AM
125cchyperman

Did you check out the bearing in the CB. Are they sealed or did the seals fall out and have gotten dirt in the bearing and is causing this problem. Or it could be a crankcase bearing thats going out or already done for. Check out the bearing as if there's a sound coming from around that are and it's not the clutch shoes and any of the clutch components then it's gotta be something right. Check those and the engine bearing's as this could also make a screaching sound.

Check for any play int he bearing or a seal that is missing and things like that.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:32 PM
NitroRunner

well i tore it all apart for nothing, twice, and put it back together and still no better, so then i decided to spray some wd40 on the clutch bearing and now its fine
Old 11-01-2006, 06:41 PM
osuwins

hi i have a jato too and i love it, my 1st nitro i think i had the same problem and wd 40 seemed like it worked but it just smooth out the grinding sound it didn't go away, it was the bearings in the crankshaft, there r 2 of them one in front and one in back the one in front was bad but i changed them both, you also said you tore it all down, is that just taking parts off of chassis and looking at them., i took my transmission apart 2 times before i found the problem
Old 11-02-2006, 08:23 PM
AznBash3r
My Feedback: (1)

Dead clutch bearings... common nitro problem. but do NOT continue running with bearings filled with wd-40.. the clutch will start slipping because the oil from the inside of the bearing will fly out to the clutch shoes. And to prevent later problems, buy new clutch bearings such as the one from www.avidrc.com they are $1 a piece, so buy like 10-15 and it should solve your problem for the rest of your nitros life