Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

I NEED HEEEELLLLPPPP, My XTR DOESNT START

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

I NEED HEEEELLLLPPPP, My XTR DOESNT START

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 04:11 PM
ry5no2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I NEED HEEEELLLLPPPP, My XTR DOESNT START

Hello

as ive talked about, ive bought this XTR, just souly for BASHIN, my only problem is to bash yo need to MOVE. So ive just got it tonight, and my mate came round with his, kyosho god knows what, (ill try to get pics so you can help him to find out what it is). we use drill start, quite easy, now his starts(cos of me), and mine DOESNT[:@]. Ive tryed adjusting odds and ends, y know, trying not to go too far and de-tune it, the fuel valve had about 20 turns on it so i put it down to about two, the we tried to start it, twisting the valve, and opening and closing the throttle, to try to get it to start, i THINK its got good compression(how do you test it), and i dont THINK the glow plugs gone

ANY IDEAS

Thanks

Ryan (are ther any fatal mistakes )

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk28236.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	552023   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ok28676.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	552024   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va71966.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	552025   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xr45843.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	552026  
Old 10-31-2006, 05:58 PM
Nathan9492

Default RE: I NEED HEEEELLLLPPPP, My XTR DOESNT START

ok, get the fuel line that connects to the exhaust and blow into it, u will see fuel go up the fuel line and into the carby DONT KEEP BLOWING FROM THIS POINT.then pull the pullstarter 3 times then put glow igniter on and start. as for checking for compressing, move the flywheel and u will feel resistence if u dont feel resistence then u have no compression. NAthan
Old 10-31-2006, 06:09 PM
ry5no2

Thanks, theres DEFINATLY compression, open to mre ideas, thats ver helpful but i cant try it out yet damn,too late

Thanks

Ryan
Old 10-31-2006, 06:13 PM
Nathan9492

u can slo try turning the idle up a bit on the transmitter(pistol grip radio thing) when it starts then turn it down, but yeh these little engines need to catch the fuel, but once they catch they suck the fuel like a vaccum
Old 11-01-2006, 02:05 PM
ry5no2

Right, ive taken it apart, the engine has good compesion (almost lost the crank pin,[&:]) i think the engine was running too rich, i opened it up and LOADS of nitro went every where,oops, ahh, the start, the fuel line came out of the half full tank, an it went ALL over everywhere, aaaahh, so now it smells like a chippy, everywhere. DAMN. I have NO x 999, tuning experiance, so could someone help me with that, (ill make a new thread shortly) and the engine is a ASP, 12, by that im guessing its a .12, crap really eh, so HELP PLEASE

Thanks

Ryan
Old 11-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Nathan9492

ok what u need to do is, lean the HSN(High Speed Needle) 1/8 of a turnclockwise until it starts, wen ur running the car if u get it started, if it sounds kinda 'blubbery' and spits out fuel then its too rich keep leaning out, if its too lean then when u make a high speed run ther will be little smoke and the motor will wan to cut out, remember to only tune in 1/8 increments to remember where u last left off, adjust the Low Speed Needle in the same way, but the low speed controls take of and acceleration, when accelerating if the car starts to raises idle then its set too lean and needs to be richened, if the LSN is too rich then ther will be lots of smoke and it will load up and the car will sit ther and blow a bit of smoke out and then clear the fuel and take off, so u need to get the motor tuned perfect(well good enough so it starts anyways) then start to tune for good performnce(or just take it to ur local hobby shop and just get them to get it running for you), Nathan
Old 11-01-2006, 07:15 PM
ry5no2

cheers mate, youve been gr8 help. please dont shout but...where is the high speed and low speed needle? thanks Ryan pics on other recent thread, draw on them n repost em or just tell us thanks