Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Nitro Gas

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 03:06 AM
thequietcity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Gas

Hey guys new here but ive had a GP car for a while but never even started it cause of not knowing how to break-in the engine. Anyways ive had a gallon of 10% sitting around in my basement for maybe 5 years could be more. Since i know how to do it now i was wondering if i could use this Nitro or does it go bad after a while. By sight it looks the same as when i bought it but i know gasoline goes bad after a while but would this stuff in go bad?
Old 11-01-2006, 08:51 AM
125cchyperman

Default RE: Nitro Gas

I have run fuel that was over 5 years old that was opened, and after swishing it around it ran just fine, but this was fuel that was low in oil content. But you may have problems with it, over 5 years a lot of things can happen to a fuel especially if it was opened. Who know's maybe I just got really lucky with my fuel, but I would get new fuel as old fuel is not the best to break in an engine with. When I get a new engine I always get a new gallon of fuel and use that new fuel to break it in. Just so I know that the engine is getting the best possible fuel to ensure a proper break in and a longer lasting engine.

If you use this fuel you may be fine but I do suggest getting new fuel as old fuel's tend to give a lot more problems then newer fuel's do and old fuel isnt the best way to break in a engine as I said above.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:57 PM
WalawalaStore

Hi,

Try not to use them no matter opened or not. 5 years is too long.

Regards

Joaquim
Old 11-01-2006, 09:21 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

That old I would not take the chance just not worth it. Methanol is very hygroscopic!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:03 PM
nitrorcjunkie

I'd definitetly 86 the old fuel, but dispose of it properly.