Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

help with nitro motor please

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 04:55 AM
buzzen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with nitro motor please

hi all i need some ideas my buggy is not runnin right it starts ok but after 30 secs it loses power bad and then stops i have tryed to richin it up but it makes no diff and there is a lot of smoke and unburnt fuel coming from pipe any ideas any one its a force 15 motor
Old 11-01-2006, 07:31 AM
thedub88

Default RE: help with nitro motor please

raise the idle. Nitro engines tend to run on the fast side when cool but when it comes up to temp it will kick back down
Old 11-01-2006, 08:11 AM
buzzen

it idleing ok it when its running at full speed i have prob
Old 11-01-2006, 08:41 AM
125cchyperman

Did you try and lean it out, You mentioned that you richend it up but if you have fuel that is unburnt coming from the exhaust then that usually indicate's that your to rich. How many gallons have gone through that engine, and is the enigne up to temp when you try and do these high speed runs. Also you can try another glow plug and see if that helps a little, or try and clean your air filter.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:00 AM
buzzen

i would lean it out but is real hot after just 30 secs of running to hot to touch and then it loses power and dies but is blowing a lot of smoke it will idle for a long time with no probs the motor has only had 15 tanks thu it at the most