Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

HSN and LSN

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 02:22 PM
ry5no2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HSN and LSN

hi i thought that id better put this as a seperate thread, incase anyone else wanted to use this for help

I do not know where the High Speed needle and Low Speed Needle are located on my engine , it sound very basic i know but i need to know this so that i can have the chance of fixing it, what does flush mean

Thanks

Is one turn 180 deg. or 360 deg.

im guessin this is right
http://www.ofna.com/guide-tune-basics.html

What does turning each screw do

Ryan

(copy the pics write on it where they are if you would , then repost em thanks)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88057.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	553162   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj28071.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	553163   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48977.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	553164   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mf96029.jpg
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	553165   Click image for larger version

Name:	It99855.jpg
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	553166  
Old 11-02-2006, 02:50 PM
Philster

Default RE: HSN and LSN

360 degress = one full turn. You can mark the screw and make sure, for example, that if the mark is at 2 oclock, after one full turn it is back to 2 oclock.

The Ofna guide linked is very good.

Flush = seated even...or 'flush' with the collar. In this pic below, A is not flush (it is BELOW flush), but D is flush. In this pic, D is the midrange needle and you generally stay away from that.

The high speed needle is adjusted by turning the screw that is in the long brass barrel, sticking up from the carb. It manages fuel and air at almost all throttle positions. Turn in too much and you starve the engine of fuel and oil, causing bogging and engine damage. Turn this screw in until engine screams and is happy, but not so much that you don't see smoke...then turn it anticlockwise about 1/8 turn to give a little extra fuel and oil for protection. You will need to tweak this screw/needle most days you run.

The low speed (can't point it out in you pic) is usually near the linkage side on the carb throttle body, and it manages fuel and air at low speed or idle. It will determine how crisply your car accels after idling. Set wrong, it will load and almost stall the engine with fuel...and set lean, it will cause the engine to over race at idle, heat up, and bog.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:07 PM
ry5no2

Default RE: HSN and LSN

wow thanks really helpful Philster

Great help, if thats it then thanks, if there is anything else please post

Thanks

Ryan

(i think ive set it up right now)