Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

I Found The Easiest Way To Put The Antenna In The Tubing

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

I Found The Easiest Way To Put The Antenna In The Tubing

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Medrivfast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Found The Easiest Way To Put The Antenna In The Tubing

This has to be the most frustrating thing to do when you need to do it. But, i figured out the easiest way to do it.

Put the tube in the freezer for 20 minutes and then immidiatly take it out of the freezer and feed the tubing through.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:04 PM
smaxx3.3

Default RE: I Found The Easiest Way To Put The Antenna In The Tubing

or you could put window cleaner on the wire.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:09 PM
-EXTRA-

i just put dishwasher soap and do it warks just fine
Old 11-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Dudelive

Do you really need an antenna tube? All the wire is connected to is the receiver correct? So as a shortwave radio style antenna, just strech it out and if need be go around the chassis or the body supports. As long as the wire is NOT coiled up and mostly straight even if angled around something, should work ok.

If you want to insert the wire in the tube.....use fishing line fed down through the tube or just twist the tube while inserting it on the wire, works as a screw......also as mentioned use window cleaner.

Thanks
Dudelive
Old 11-04-2006, 10:25 PM
rcxboy

Well, signal is suppsoedly better when the rx and yx antennas are parallel.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:03 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Futaba has the FASST 2.4Ghz upgrade kit for the 3PK and the receiver is totally antennaless (I mean it does not have an ezposed wire antenna). I've sheared off more than my fair share of antennas from my Savage trucks from doing all sorts of stupid things, namely pulling a wheelie too hard and turning the Savage turtle and skidding on the lid. I've enven ran my Savage under a pick-up truck and the antenna was cut off when the top of the tube was grabbed by the pick-up truck's driveshaft.

Anyways, I intend to save up the $250 to get myself the FASST 2.4Ghz kit. Not simply to eliminate have to have an antenna tube, but to also take advantage of the 2.4Ghz and the HRS capability.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:26 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

There is a difference between the 2.4 ghz, and the 75/27mhz channels, which requires the MHZ channels to have long antennas.

It's called soap, baby powder, WD40, or patience
Old 11-05-2006, 04:51 AM
WalawalaStore

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Futaba has the FASST 2.4Ghz upgrade kit for the 3PK and the receiver is totally antennaless (I mean it does not have an ezposed wire antenna). I've sheared off more than my fair share of antennas from my Savage trucks from doing all sorts of stupid things, namely pulling a wheelie too hard and turning the Savage turtle and skidding on the lid. I've enven ran my Savage under a pick-up truck and the antenna was cut off when the top of the tube was grabbed by the pick-up truck's driveshaft.

Anyways, I intend to save up the $250 to get myself the FASST 2.4Ghz kit. Not simply to eliminate have to have an antenna tube, but to also take advantage of the 2.4Ghz and the HRS capability.
Hi,

I have heard rumors about this, also made by Spectrum but a faster version than their own 2.4Ghz HRS system.

I usually stretch the antenna wire a bit and try. Once it goes through, it will get back 90% to length. I will try the fridge method next time.

Regards

Joaquim
Old 11-05-2006, 07:29 AM
MadDogRC

ORIGINAL: Dudelive

Do you really need an antenna tube? All the wire is connected to is the receiver correct? So as a shortwave radio style antenna, just strech it out and if need be go around the chassis or the body supports. As long as the wire is NOT coiled up and mostly straight even if angled around something, should work ok.

If you want to insert the wire in the tube.....use fishing line fed down through the tube or just twist the tube while inserting it on the wire, works as a screw......also as mentioned use window cleaner.

Thanks
Dudelive
that is the stupidest idea i have ever heard. wrapping an antenna wire around carbon fibre parts will cause ur car to glitch badly which is why u never see anyone or any top racers doing it.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:56 AM
-Inverted-

I just dont use antenna tubes.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:33 AM
Dudelive

Actually I did not intend it as it was taken maybe, but "STUPID" is slightly harsh....it was meant as a question NOT a statment. Sorry it was taken wrong.

Like was mentioned the antennas should be parallel for the best working condition. So would it not be better if the antenna was laid down as the way some people hold their radios? Maybe not better but as good. Just curious.

Thanks
Dudelive
Old 11-05-2006, 09:19 AM
thedub88

When I transport my car I lay down the antenna tube and put the body on. Some times I forget to put the tube back up and only get 10 feet of range. I'm using 75 mhz
Old 11-05-2006, 09:43 AM
boltech

I usually feed a thread as far as i can into the tube first, then carefully I use a small handheld vaccum to suck the thread thru the tube until it is exposed out of the other end. I tie one exposed end onto the antenna wire, and use the other exposed end to pull it thru the tube.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:03 AM
R/C fan-addict

wow everyone is using such complicated methods! I just put a little spit or water on my fingers run them down the length of the antenna and then insert it into the tube. Easy as that!
Old 11-05-2006, 12:13 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

You sure cannot beat 2.4GHz and I will never go back to 25 or 75MHz! My Spectrum does have antennas but they are so short they do not stick out past the body. I would not use soap to install the wire in my tub one it is very corrosive and two when it dries it is a mess.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:36 PM
125cchyperman

Personally I just use ARO when I need to install it. Works just fine every tme.