Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

well here we go

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 11:36 AM
jybrd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well here we go

I am lookin at buyin a HPI Nitro MT2 18ss and was wondering if any of you have bought and built it. I was wondering how hard it would be to build and if its worth buying. Post pics of your too if you wish
Old 11-06-2006, 01:19 PM
smaxx3.3

Default RE: well here we go

are you new to r/c? if you are i would try to find a rtr
Old 11-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Bombers_410

Bad advice!!!^^^^ Get the mt2 18ss KIT You will not regret it! I was going to get this kit for my first nitro but my hobby shop didnt have it in stock so I bought a cheap rtr buggy. I regret not waiting and getting the 18ss kit. My buggy is nice but i've had problems that would of been much easier to deal with if I had bought a kit in the first place. I've heard that its very easy to assemble, it will just take you some time, but the directions are fairly easy. This is a great truck and I wish i would of gotten one.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:06 PM
Nitro212

um im a noob to rc and i built my first HPI nitro rs4 18ss thats the way to learn from the car..

anywho um that car dont seems hard to build

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=507
Old 11-06-2006, 09:10 PM
hands without shadows

Its a good car, sometimes has diff trouble if you dont shim it right. Dont get up your hopes on racing cause its the only one in its class. Can be made very fast with a .15 tz or a .18 os, and the nitro rs4 two speed tranny fits if you want to give up jumping.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:27 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

If you go to the stadium truck forum there is over 340-page thread on the MT2. I have a MT 1 ¾ that I have well over 7 gallons of run time on it. I have only strip one set of spider gears as I let some one drive it and they ran off the track and landed on a big rock. HPI has some of the best instruction on the market. DO NOT GET THE RTR get the SS.