Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

HASBRO!?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HASBRO!?!

hobby town usa IS the official distributer of the hasbro rc's

ORIGINAL: R/C fan-addict

well there are always the bad workers at R/C stores. I've heard lots of bad stories about Hobby Town USA. They are a huge chain so I'm sure they will try to cash in on the hasbro R/C's.
edit
i live in canada so i dont have hobby town usa so i dont have to worry about that.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:21 AM

ORIGINAL: i8tweety

In order to buy it, a local hobby shop needs to sell it to them. Since they are not being sold at toy stores, they will not be in "toy magazines" or catalogues. I'm sure they will be advertising in hobby magazines, just like everyone else. CEN sells the "FUN FACTOR" line of nitro cars and I don't see kids ripping them off the shelves.

The Hasbro name will not sell to kids. Kids know the brand names just minutes after they decide they want one (thumbing through a magazine to show their parents what they want will shove the Associated, Traxxas, and HPI names deep into their brains). Parents that are not in the hobby will recognize the Hasbro name and read "QUALITY" (whether it's there or not).
Sorry i8tweety, Toys-R-Us is now taking preorders. The Ricochet (the flipable one) is listed at $199 plus you apparently have to buy a $20 battery pack thingy for it. They're scheduled to ship on the 15th of this month, like 8 days from now. The Revolution (the MT) is also susposed to be included in a WalMart flyer dated 11-05-06 for $129.99 plus $19.97 for the battery pack. But the guy that posted that info also said that the WM's near him knew nothing about them, so??????
Here's a link to T-R-U if anybody's intrested.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...TRUS%2F2254197

Oh yeah, there also susposed to be written up in RC Car Action magazine next month and I think maybe RC Driver too.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:51 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Hasbro's press release clearly states they do not intend to sell their nitro vehicles in toy stores. If they're planning on importing (I doubt they will be doing more than rebadging something currently manufactured by Himoto, Hong Nor, Hobao, or the like for their re-introdution into the hobby) an entry level nitro vehicle for sale at hobby shops, then they'll be just as "hobby grade" as CEN and Smartech.
WOW, somebody looks down on CEN, HoBao and Hong Nor. all three build quality products at all price levels, just like HiSpeed/Himoto

moreover, the fact that you even liken those brands to the Hasbro car shows that you're somewhat of an elitist RC snob yourself. Would you have been the kinda guy that told me my Traxxas Stampede was a piece of junk 11 years ago when I got into the hobby, and Traxxas was a garbage company that will never have hobby shop support? Kinda sounds like it, really.

Also, they'll be selling these cars at Wal Marts and Toys R Us's across the country, with shop support at Hobbytown USA's.

And one more thing...the Fun Factor is a solid, beatable truck. it might not be one of your $700 Serpent 1/8 cars, but neither is my Tamiya TA05, does that mean IT is junk as well, since it came with a $140 pricetag? come on man, for a moderator, you're really pretty brutal to these companies that better Kyosho and other high end companies' quality for half the price. have you ever seen a Kyosho 1/8 buggy RTR next to a CEN matrix RTR, or even the Kyosho next to Hispeed/Himoto/Redcat's 1/8 buggy? if you try to convince me that the Kyosho is a better car in EITHER CASE...you definitely need your head examined.

*EDIT*
I want that Revolution truck. I WILL find a way to swap one of my OS small blocks that are layin around into it...

*EDIT* again
Also, the Nitro XRC cars won't share any parts with currently available cars. think about Hasbro's manufacturing "hook ups". and i hope that Revolution has 12mm hubs so i can throw some mashers and RPM slingshots on it
Old 11-08-2006, 06:56 AM

i dont really like hobbytown that much, but they have the best parts selection of few stores around me, but whats going to happen is..hobbytown will be so flooded with people that couldnt get these things to run (4 of the guys at my hobbytown spent 30+ minutes trying to crank a ofna buggy one day) so they think hobbytown will help em.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:58 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Hasbro's press release clearly states they do not intend to sell their nitro vehicles in toy stores. If they're planning on importing (I doubt they will be doing more than rebadging something currently manufactured by Himoto, Hong Nor, Hobao, or the like for their re-introdution into the hobby) an entry level nitro vehicle for sale at hobby shops, then they'll be just as "hobby grade" as CEN and Smartech.
WOW, somebody looks down on CEN, HoBao and Hong Nor. all three build quality products at all price levels, just like HiSpeed/Himoto

moreover, the fact that you even liken those brands to the Hasbro car shows that you're somewhat of an elitist RC snob yourself. Would you have been the kinda guy that told me my Traxxas Stampede was a piece of junk 11 years ago when I got into the hobby, and Traxxas was a garbage company that will never have hobby shop support? Kinda sounds like it, really.

Also, they'll be selling these cars at Wal Marts and Toys R Us's across the country, with shop support at Hobbytown USA's.

And one more thing...the Fun Factor is a solid, beatable truck. it might not be one of your $700 Serpent 1/8 cars, but neither is my Tamiya TA05, does that mean IT is junk as well, since it came with a $140 pricetag? come on man, for a moderator, you're really pretty brutal to these companies that better Kyosho and other high end companies' quality for half the price. have you ever seen a Kyosho 1/8 buggy RTR next to a CEN matrix RTR, or even the Kyosho next to Hispeed/Himoto/Redcat's 1/8 buggy? if you try to convince me that the Kyosho is a better car in EITHER CASE...you definitely need your head examined.

*EDIT*
I want that Revolution truck. I WILL find a way to swap one of my OS small blocks that are layin around into it...

*EDIT* again
Also, the Nitro XRC cars won't share any parts with currently available cars. think about Hasbro's manufacturing "hook ups". and i hope that Revolution has 12mm hubs so i can throw some mashers and RPM slingshots on it
Where was I looking down at CEN????????????? I am merely suggesting Hasbro (with a $4 billion market cap) can afford to import quality entry level vehicles from off-shore manufacturers and provided a list of some that DO wholesale products that are rebadged for the North American market. I used CEN as the example of the latest hobby grade vehicles to hit North America that was panned here before anyone had a chance to run one.

As for Hasbro selling at Toys R Us and Walmart, that isn't good. Their press release isn't just misleading, but an outright lie.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:41 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Sorry, misunderstood your post tweety

However, the cars being available in stores will expose them to a whole crowd of people that may not have otherwise known where one can get one. I know people that didn't know that RC cars existed outside of what was available at Wal Mart and Toys R Us and Radio Shack