Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Hitec DCX receiver ?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 04:21 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec DCX receiver ?????

I have a Positive Shift Dual Conversion 3 channel 75 mhz FM receiver by Hitec, it says it will work with Airtronics, JR and Kro Propo FM transmitters.
Like I mentioned in my previous post. I just got an Airtronics MX-3, I tried to control the DCX rx with the airtronics crystals and it doesnt work. I am in the process of getting another airtronics micro receiver for another car to switch the DCX unless someone could verify that the DCX would work with the MX-3 if I just buy a pair of genuine Hitec dual conversion crystals. (since crystals are cheaper to buy than a 3 channel airtronics rx)

Thanks,
Old 11-07-2006, 08:44 PM
Doug K1

Default RE: Hitec DCX receiver ?????

The DCX is a dual conversion receiver, you have to use a dual conversion crystal. The MX3 crystal is single conversion. Just get the Hitec dual conversion crystal and you should be fine. The easier way to do it in the future is to get the Hitec HFS-03MM rx it is single conversion and works with all radios. You just have to use the TX brand of crystal so you could have plugged your Airtronics crystal in it and been set. I have a Hitec radio and use both receivers with it but even then you nhave to make sure you don't mis up the dual and single conversion crystals.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:25 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

Default RE: Hitec DCX receiver ?????

Thanks for the response.

Okay, to clarify, on the DCX manual it said to use genuine Hitec DC crystals only, so for the TX too I should use a hitec DC tx crystal - correct? Or should I get an Airtronics Dual conversion tx crystal? My LHS said that the crystals for RX and TX are different. I cant seem to find a specific TX crystal that is dual conversion.