Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
Radio Control Car Action
45.10%
RC Car Magazine (Hi Torque)
11.76%
Xtreme
15.69%
RC Driver
27.45%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Which RC magazine do you read.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 02:35 PM
DerekBuono

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which RC magazine do you read.

ORIGINAL: infernos777

ORIGINAL: DerekBuono

ORIGINAL: infernos777

RC Car has the most articles to advertisments ratio so you get more info per magazine. Just stay away from RCCA if you don't like catalogues and XRC if you don't want to feel like you're being treated like a 13yr old.
Explain to me how you are treated like a 13 year old for reading our magazine? Sounds like you're making things up.
The dumb teen lockerroom humor all over the place, the inappropriate references, the trashy models that aren't even hot, it all looks like a really desperate attempt to be cool. That's where the 13 yr old thing comes in, any age past that you're not trying to convince the world you're the coolest. you said so yourself not every magazine is for every one and XRC isn't for me. I want to read about RC without the editors insisting that they're the coolest ever, who cares? Maxim and Stuff do the girl coverage 100x better and I do like girls so I read those mags when I want to see skin and I read RC Driver when I want to read about RC stuff.
Like, I and you said, if you don't like it, you don't like it. I'm not going to argue with things about the magazine, or why I am cool.

But for those interested in seeing which magazine they like...read them all.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:17 PM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I subscribe to RC driver and a friend subscribes to RCCA. IMO RC driver is the better of the two mags. More articles I am interested in (off road nitro) and the boat review is cool too. As with all mags you have to read between the lines for the reviews but they do show you what products are out there in one convienient book.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:58 PM
Seek and Destroy

Your magazine should roughy be there every 30 days. We don't run behind on anything. If you miss an issue you can call our subscription service number (located in the magazine on the contents page in the "mast head"

It's 1.800.406.4288

If you miss an issue, or have trouble getting it they will help you. If you miss an issue, most of the time they resend one, and extend the subscription a month
Cool, maybe I should miss a month, or 7.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:48 PM
DerekBuono

ORIGINAL: rc18t145

Your magazine should roughy be there every 30 days. We don't run behind on anything. If you miss an issue you can call our subscription service number (located in the magazine on the contents page in the "mast head"

It's 1.800.406.4288

If you miss an issue, or have trouble getting it they will help you. If you miss an issue, most of the time they resend one, and extend the subscription a month
LOL, I'm sure that happens.

And polls, like any data are really not surprising when you look at the demographic question. This is by far one of the more "beginner" websites, and like the two magazines in the lead, they are targeted toward the general enthusiast. And that's not saying there are not people here who are "Experts" but it's more of a place that people stumble into RC. On website that are more populated with people "into RC" the polls reflect that demographic.

And just so people know our magazine www.rc411.com is written so you either Love it Or want to burn it with hate. I make sure that there is emotion involved, because when people don't have an opinion on something it's not worth their or our time. Howard Stern o nomics.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:16 PM
-Inverted-

It's 1.800.406.4288

And polls, like any data are really not surprising when you look at the demographic question. This is by far one of the more "beginner" websites, and like the two magazines in the lead, they are targeted toward the general enthusiast. And that's not saying there are not people here who are "Experts" but it's more of a place that people stumble into RC. On website that are more populated with people "into RC" the polls reflect that demographic.

And just so people know our magazine www.rc411.com is written so you either Love it Or want to burn it with hate. I make sure that there is emotion involved, because when people don't have an opinion on something it's not worth their or our time. Howard Stern o nomics.
Derek,

I think the biggest issue is that RC Driver and RCCA are available in more locations then yours. Im sure that is a huge factor, as I have very rarely spied it at the grocery store where I get my magazines. Im sure most hobby shops carry it though. I think one of the set-backs with your magazine is since your not as well known, your information tends to be released later then the big two. For example, they may release an issue reguarding a truck, and you guys will have your information concerning the same vehicle out next month. Im sure this isn't true for all your issues, just a few that I have observed. I do appreciate the fact your magazine delievers quality information for the hobby. I find RCCA is more for enjoyment purposes then useful information, they have gone so mainstream it's just very difficult to believe they aren't getting bribed by their supporters.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:36 PM
R/C fan-addict

[/quote]
Derek,

I think the biggest issue is that RC Driver and RCCA are available in more locations then yours. Im sure that is a huge factor, as I have very rarely spied it at the grocery store where I get my magazines. Im sure most hobby shops carry it though. I think one of the set-backs with your magazine is since your not as well known, your information tends to be released later then the big two. For example, they may release an issue reguarding a truck, and you guys will have your information concerning the same vehicle out next month. Im sure this isn't true for all your issues, just a few that I have observed. I do appreciate the fact your magazine delievers quality information for the hobby. I find RCCA is more for enjoyment purposes then useful information, they have gone so mainstream it's just very difficult to believe they aren't getting bribed by their supporters.
[/quote]

lol yeah RCCA is so bribed, every review is "this car is amazing!" Either they are totally weak on their crimtisism or they are getting bribed. I think it's the latter...
Old 11-28-2006, 12:10 AM
secretsg

XRC has a lot of outlets in Canada. All the bookstores carry it. I've seen it in a few grocery shops as well. They don't show up in convenience stores though.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:46 AM
DerekBuono

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

It's 1.800.406.4288

Derek,

Actually our magazine is available in more locations, or just as many. To understand how a newsstand works is an entirely different topic. The country is huge and we put out just as many in places, and more in other places. But I can assure you that we've been and are in as many places as others. We're in Walmart, 7-11, Barnes and Noble, all the bookstore, supermarkets, too many places to list. But the newsstand is competitive, and certain areas (or people stocking the shelves) have different tastes. I'm sure many of you didn't know that most magazines have to pay to be on the newsstand, and to get into some chains have to spend a bunch of cash to get in there. It's not simply we're not in the one super market you go to find another magazine, we may just be somewhere else.

Also our information is not a month behind, most of the time our information is 1 to 2 months ahead. You may see an issue late, or if they have some exclusive on some RTR they may have it first. But having worked at RCCA I know the lead times, and I know what they put out, when. We've had reviews out in 1-2 weeks after we get them, the other magazines will take a lot longer.

Our magazine isn't a "mainstream" targeted design. We target enthusiasts in the hobby, and while our magazine actually provides more information to the reader, it is designed to attact somebody walking by. Without going into sales numbers and trends, just know that magazines as an industry dropped...and we didn't.

Cliff Notes Of the Above
A. XRC magazine isn't a month behind, most times we're a month or 2 ahead
B. We're in just as many places as every other magazine
C. This website is heavily populated by "newbies' that may only know one magazine (RCCA still sells the most and has been around the longest)
D. I am cool
45. Monkeys are fun.

Check out all the magazines and decided which you like.

Our magazine is available on-line as a digital deliver, we offer sales of back issues on our website, and offer free articles on our website. Check out the style there, and make a choice.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:09 AM
redfox03

i like rcca and rc driver. both are pretty decent mags, though rcca seems like it gives everything a good review, as does driver sometimes. but they both give me something to look at while sitting on the porcelin throne.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:34 AM
SAVAGEJIM

I personally read all of these magazines. I prefer XRC since they dont play the inflated advertised HP games. I have become a stickler of advertising real world HP ouputs instead of the pumped up figures (some of them straight up lies).
Old 12-13-2006, 09:43 PM
secretsg

Going to subscribe to XRC now that digital issues are online.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:23 AM
DerekBuono

It's a good option for all our friends in places outside the US, or if you want to have an online collection of the magazines.